Crime Analysis Solutions: Investigative Analysis

01-12-2021 03:01 PM
Labels (1)
LaurenKingsbury
New Contributor

Hello! I am new to ArcGIS Pro and I am having trouble accessing the "Investigative Analysis group" in the Crime Analysis ribbon. I have uninstalled, reinstalled, downloaded and deployed the crime analysis solution multiple times and for whatever reason, I do not have the Investigative Analysis portion in the crime analysis ribbon. I am trying to complete the courses in the crime analysis training, but I can only get so far without the Investigative Analysis. I am supposed to have Incident Sequence, Incident Path, Import Cell Cites, Import Cell Records, Repeat Call Patterns, and Space Time Comparison, but I don't. However, I do have access to Generate Sector Lines and Dissolve. I have scoured the Internet and even contacted technical support with my question, but I was referred to this community board for any help. I am using ArcGIS Pro 2.6. Thank you in advance for any tips or advice you may have!

0 Kudos
7 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

don't know about 2.6 but in 2.7 they have been moved to

An overview of the Crime Analysis and Safety toolbox—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

How old is the lesson you are following and is it specific to 2.6? or did you have to install and add-in to complete the exercises.

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

I'm using AGP 2.7 and the Crime Analysis tools are an option to check on Project Tab->Options->Crime Analysis->Show Crime Analysis tab.  On the Crime Analysis tab, I do see the Investigative Analysis Group in my graphic below and it shows 3 groupings of tools with a dropdown for Cell Phone Analysis.  Hope this helps!

CrimeAnalysis.JPG

0 Kudos
LaurenKingsbury
New Contributor

This is what I have. I do not see the Investigative Analysis ribbon. 

0 Kudos
LaurenKingsbury
New Contributor

Whoops, that may not have loaded properly. Hopefully this one does.

0 Kudos
KeiranBray
Esri Contributor

Hey @LaurenKingsbury I currently have the most recent crime analysis add in downloaded and installed, it appears to me that the version that is compatible for 2.7 dropped some of the investigative analysis tools from the version that is compatible with 2.6, I think the Incident Sequence was one of them,

From my undestanding the new tools in there have either been simplified or changed to accomodate this, 

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Keiran - the Incident Sequence geoprocessing tool is in the Crime Analysis Toolbox in the Geoprocessing Pane.  
IncidentAnalysis.JPG

0 Kudos
KeiranBray
Esri Contributor

Hey Robert, thanks for that, I'm on version 2020.12.17 of the crime analysis add in and I believe they've removed that tool:

KeiranBray_0-1618268192578.png

and taking a look at the following, https://doc.arcgis.com/en/arcgis-solutions/reference/configure-crime-analysis.htm#ESRI_SECTION1_220F... it would appear that it is now part of "Points to Track Segments" part of the Intelligence toolbox,

I didn't realise this untill I updated to 2.7 and the older add in no longer worked for me,

Cheers

Keiran