Copy features not working in ModelBuilder

Jump to solution
08-04-2021 04:40 AM
Labels (2)
KedaravindanBhaskar
New Contributor III
Hey everyone, I hope you're doing well in these tough times,

- I am attempting to create a model in Arc Pro but I am getting an error for the Copy features tool which is highlighted in red.
-The other copy features tool (roughly on the same level horizontally) works and the geoprocessing downstream is very similar
-The error message reads "A general error when something is wrong with the fields collection".
-when I previously ran the model the copy feature tool that isn't working now did work, but after re-running the model it isn't working. I only changed geoprocessing upstream from this copy features.

Let me know if additional information is required. TIA
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KedaravindanBhaskar
New Contributor III

Thank you for your response Jayanta,

I had already 'allowed geoprocessing tools to overwrite existing datasets'. I also changed the file name, but neither seems to fix the issue.

I simply restarted ArcGIS Pro and the issue was resolved.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

It seems there is no documented solution to this error.

Could you check if any of the following steps work?

1. In Geoprocessing Options, ensure "Allow geoprocessing tools to overwrite existing dataset" is checked.

2. Keep a short file pathname for the outputs, with no space or special characters (except underscore). Also start filename with an alphabet.

e.g.: C:\Projects\HCC_Work\Data.gdb\Building_2D_Launie

How to name things in ArcGIS 

Think Location
KedaravindanBhaskar
New Contributor III

Thank you for your response Jayanta,

I had already 'allowed geoprocessing tools to overwrite existing datasets'. I also changed the file name, but neither seems to fix the issue.

I simply restarted ArcGIS Pro and the issue was resolved.

0 Kudos