ArcPro 2.7.3 won't open ECW files

04-15-2021 08:48 PM
Labels (1)
Ozplanman
New Contributor II

I've recently upgraded to ArcPro 2.7.3 and the software gives me "unsupported data type' when I try toopen an ECW file.  I thought this was fixed after version 2.1 or such?

Anyone know why?

0 Kudos
11 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

It is noted in the help files as well and world file behaviour can be controlled within ArcGIS Pro.

See World Files and Georeferencing in

World files for raster datasets—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

world_file.png

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
Ozplanman
New Contributor II
Thanks Dan, however, ECWs haven't in my experience, ever needed "world" files and the creation of aux or xml files in ArcPro or other packages which creates issues in them being able to be opened in other packages is a giant pain when you are regularly using different components of a variety of software provided by different creators to get your job done! With resources in all areas being cut repeatedly, staff not being replaced and workloads not diminishing, having to spin your wheels finding solutions to problems that have been created where they didn't exist previously, is a pain.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This email is intended for the addressee(s) named and may contain confidential and/or privileged information.
If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender and then delete it immediately.
Any views expressed in this email are those of the individual sender except where the sender expressly and with authority states them to be the views of the NSW Office of Environment and Heritage.

PLEASE CONSIDER THE ENVIRONMENT BEFORE PRINTING THIS EMAIL
0 Kudos