Arcgis Pro - Share as Geodata Service

08-15-2018 07:59 AM
MuratDemircan
New Contributor III

Hi,

Is there anyone before try to share geodata service in ARGIS PRO like we use button "Share as Geodata Service..." in Arcmap?

I searched for documents about this. But it always led me to Arcmap.

Is there anyone know how to share geodatabase in Arcgis server by using Arcgis Pro?

11 Replies
AndyArismendi1
New Contributor III

With 10.8.1/10.8.2 being the last expected versions of ArcGIS Desktop you'd think they'd add the ability to publish geodata services by now if this capability will be maintained going forward. The main use case is rep/sync'ing when there is a firewall preventing direct access to the database and the only connection option is HTTPS/443.

0 Kudos
GeorgeStrebel
New Contributor III

It appears that Esri has added a way to publish a Geodata Service at ArcPro version 3.0, Replication and geodata services—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation however it seems you can only publish to an enterprise/portal ArcServer which is not our organizations current replication workflow to allow outside agencies the ability to access databases for replication.  Has anyone been able to use ArcPro to publish a Geodata Service to a traditional standalone ArcServer?  Or know if this functionality will be included in future ArcPro releases? 

Currently I am not able to create a replica using existing Desktop published geodata service to a standalone ArcServer although the ArcPro 3.0.3  Create replica From Server geoprocessing tool that looks like it would allow you to do so. I keep getting a generic Error message 000582, 000582: Error occurred during execution.—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation which is no help.  

0 Kudos