ArcGIS Pro License for Offline PC

Jump to solution
01-17-2021 10:55 PM
AmjadKhan
New Contributor

Hi! I want to install ArcGIS Pro 2.6 on standalone/ offline PC. Does this ArcGIS Pro individual 100$ license work or I have to go for another product? If yes then what is the procedure? Please help.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Hello Amjad,

With ArcGIS for Personal Use license  ($100), you will receive Single-Use license of ArcGIS Pro, which can also be used to work offline.

https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/get-started/authorize-and-start-arcgis-pro-with-a-single-us...

However, you will not be able to access the data hosted on ArcGIS Online (Esri Basemaps) or Living Atlas, from ArcGIS Pro.

N.B.: This license should be licensed at home for noncommercial, personal use only.

Hope it helps.

Think Location

View solution in original post

JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I realized ArcGIS Pro license is linked to the ArcGIS Online (Named User). Single-Use license is to authorize ArcMap and CityEngine.

You must have received a mail (Esri - Order Fulfillment Confirmation (Reference ID #XXXXXXXXXXXX)) with your user ID and a link similar to 

https://my.esri.com/#/fulfillment/XXXXXXXXXXXX

Click on that link to get the steps of activating your ArcGIS Online account (with 100 credits), and steps of authorizing your ArcGIS Pro. A one-time connection to internet is required on the ArcGIS Pro machine till you take Authorize ArcGIS Pro to work offline. Check the steps below.

After clicking the above link, you will see a page like this, Click Activate to activate your AGOL subscription.

Jayanta_Poddar_0-1611909165285.png

You can choose to activate your existing public account or create a new organizational account.

Jayanta_Poddar_1-1611909273367.png

Setup your organization on AGOL, as desired. Once done, go to Oranization > Members. Click on the "..." > Manage Add-on licenses.

Jayanta_Poddar_2-1611909894277.png

Select ArcGIS Pro Advanced, followed by "Select All" under Extensions. Save.

Jayanta_Poddar_3-1611910212983.png

Then open ArcGIS Pro (connected to internet). When prompted, login with the same credentials as your AGOL account.

For taking ArcGIS Pro offline, go to Settings > Licensing > Check "Authorize ArcGIS Pro to work offline".

Jayanta_Poddar_5-1611911261122.png

Once done, you can work offline here onwards.

Sorry for the earlier confusion. I hope it helps.

Think Location

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Hello Amjad,

With ArcGIS for Personal Use license  ($100), you will receive Single-Use license of ArcGIS Pro, which can also be used to work offline.

https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/get-started/authorize-and-start-arcgis-pro-with-a-single-us...

However, you will not be able to access the data hosted on ArcGIS Online (Esri Basemaps) or Living Atlas, from ArcGIS Pro.

N.B.: This license should be licensed at home for noncommercial, personal use only.

Hope it helps.

Think Location
arcgispro8
New Contributor II

Thanks Brother. Can you please guide me, i have purchased this single user license for my offline PC but still unable to authorise this license, Should i have to connect it to internet for one time or is there any other way out?

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Here you will see the steps required to authorize a Single Use License for ArcGIS Pro.  Good luck!

Kyle69
by
New Contributor
No This is what I do often offline. with COVID I work at our cabin. no
connection.
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I realized ArcGIS Pro license is linked to the ArcGIS Online (Named User). Single-Use license is to authorize ArcMap and CityEngine.

You must have received a mail (Esri - Order Fulfillment Confirmation (Reference ID #XXXXXXXXXXXX)) with your user ID and a link similar to 

https://my.esri.com/#/fulfillment/XXXXXXXXXXXX

Click on that link to get the steps of activating your ArcGIS Online account (with 100 credits), and steps of authorizing your ArcGIS Pro. A one-time connection to internet is required on the ArcGIS Pro machine till you take Authorize ArcGIS Pro to work offline. Check the steps below.

After clicking the above link, you will see a page like this, Click Activate to activate your AGOL subscription.

Jayanta_Poddar_0-1611909165285.png

You can choose to activate your existing public account or create a new organizational account.

Jayanta_Poddar_1-1611909273367.png

Setup your organization on AGOL, as desired. Once done, go to Oranization > Members. Click on the "..." > Manage Add-on licenses.

Jayanta_Poddar_2-1611909894277.png

Select ArcGIS Pro Advanced, followed by "Select All" under Extensions. Save.

Jayanta_Poddar_3-1611910212983.png

Then open ArcGIS Pro (connected to internet). When prompted, login with the same credentials as your AGOL account.

For taking ArcGIS Pro offline, go to Settings > Licensing > Check "Authorize ArcGIS Pro to work offline".

Jayanta_Poddar_5-1611911261122.png

Once done, you can work offline here onwards.

Sorry for the earlier confusion. I hope it helps.

Think Location
0 Kudos