ArcGIS Pro 2.5 - Pie Chart Symbology Error

05-19-2020 05:41 AM
BrettShaver
Occasional Contributor

In ArcGIS Pro 2.5 charting symbology was introduced.  It appears there is an error and data with small values do not show up in the pie chart.  See the attached example.  Below a certain threshold, the data disappears.  I get at some small value, the slice of the pie chart would be difficult to see.  However, why not make it difficult to see instead of misleading the viewer by having the data disappear altogether? The same data works in excel exactly as expected

0 Kudos
5 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

You should report this as a bug to Tech Support.  That is indeed misleading.

Kory Kramer

Scratch that!

NIM075323: Pie charts with small values do not display properly.. 

AND from 2018!

BUG-000088636: Attributes with values equal or less than 1 % are no.. 

That should indeed be fixed since it isn't about aesthetics, it is about proper data representation!

... sort of retired...
BrettShaver
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for posting the bugs Dan!  I also reported it as a bug with ESRI tech support.  I figured adding it to this forum to increase awareness wouldn't hurt.  Unfortunately, this same behavior existed in ArcMap and I was hoping they would fix it when developing charting functionality for Pro but I guess not.  

0 Kudos
GregoryLehner
Esri Contributor

Hello everyone,

You should see this problem (finally) resolved in the ArcGIS Pro 2.7 release.

See BUG-000130854: Field values that are less than or equal to one perc.. for more information.

BrettShaver
Occasional Contributor

Great thanks so much!  Do you know if it will be resolved in ArcMap as well?

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

To big of a change to roll out during a 2.6.X update? or is 2.7 on the horizon before next U.C.

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos