ArcGIS Pro 2.2 crashing when trying to open existing project/create a new Blank Template.

Jump to solution
07-18-2018 06:13 AM
ElezaKollannur1
New Contributor II

ArcGIS Pro 2.2 crashing when trying to open existing project/create a new Blank Template. 

While trying to create Blank project, it loads ArcPro window as shown in attachment and crashes without any error message. Computer has all ArcGIS Pro Recommended system requirements.

Tags (2)
17 Replies
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Hi Ed,

Our team got this one figured out for Eleza, but whatever you're running into may still be unresolved?

Can you take a screenshot of the version and file size of this dll: ArcGIS.Desktop.Docking.Wpf.dll ?

If you left the default install location, it should be located in C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Pro\bin

Find it there, right-click > Properties and then click on the Details tab.  Mine looks like this:

1. Please send a screenshot of yours.

2. Also, you had 2.1.x installed before upgrading.  How did you upgrade?  Did you use the auto-updater from within ArcGIS Pro, download and install from My Esri, other (Explain)?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
ElezaKollannur1
New Contributor II

I updated to ArcGIS Pro 2.2.1 and the issue is still there. Thanks @Kory Kramer for following up on the issue via email. Based on his suggestion could enable/access the crash dump files and send it to ESRI for further analysis.

0 Kudos
ElezaKollannur1
New Contributor II

Thanks @Kory Kramer for resolving this issue. ArcGIS Pro starting working after PYTHONPATH from Environmental Variable was deleted.

ThomasColson
MVP Frequent Contributor

Was that logged as a bug? 

0 Kudos
ElezaKollannur1
New Contributor II

I don't know.

0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Thomas Colson‌ This was not logged as a bug publicly but the Python team has an issue for this against ArcGIS Pro that they'll be working on during the next iteration.  So yes, this is being treated as a bug (as all crashes are) and will be addressed.  Thanks!

MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Is PYTHONPATH a default Environmental Variable or something you added yourself for specific functionality that you were looking for?

0 Kudos
ElezaKollannur1
New Contributor II

I had added this when trying to set Webdriver for Selenium couple of years back. Anyways, It does not come as standard setting. Checked with my colleagues systems.

0 Kudos