ArcGIS data appears skewed in AutoCAD Map 3D 2023

01-21-2023 10:56 AM
Labels (3)
AlexPasta
New Contributor

I'm new to AutoCAD Map 3D and I'm not sure why my map looks like it's at an angle. I'm in 2D mode and viewing from the top of the view cube so I should have a straight-on view looking down at the map, right? Is there a setting that is making it look so skewed? The second image attached is my map on the ArcGIS web browser and it looks fine but when the same data is uploaded into Map 3D it looks off. I used the "MAPARCGISCONNECTOR" command to import the data and I'm using option 1 under "MAPARCGISCONNECTOROPTION" .  

AlexPasta_0-1674326190468.png

AlexPasta_1-1674326887419.png

0 Kudos
2 Replies
CarlMorrison
Occasional Contributor

I was able to locate the Philadelphia_PA_Buildings layer and load it into both ArcGIS Pro and AutoCAD Map 3D and experienced the same issue as you.  The reason for this is that layer's spatial reference is WGS 1984 and the first layer loaded into Map 3D it will force Map 3D to use that coordinate system.  The solution is to use the MAPCSASSIGN tool in Map 3D and search on PA83-NF for instance and choose that or another local coordinate system for your drawing prior to loading layers and you will have better results.  However, you can still run the MAPCSASSIGN tool and make the change to your current drawing.

Carl Morrison

0 Kudos
KeithAddison1
Occasional Contributor III

I have a similar problem, with the coordinate system in Map3D set correctly to match the image I'm trying to IINSERT.  ArcGIS locates it properly when added, the image georef says the correct coordinate system.  I have ARCGISCONNECTOROPTIONS set to 2.  And still Map3D drops it in the wrong place.  There must be some Map3D setting somewhere that is screwing it up.  Also tried to use jpg format instead of the tiff I had it in because I'm aware tif frequently has a bunch of BS tags that often trip up software.

0 Kudos