Arcade for the rest of us

09-03-2020 08:26 AM
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

My adventures into the Address Data Management Solution has turned in an adventure into Arcade and attribute rules as well. As I make my way through various online resources, I'm struck by the lack of specific spaces that seem like no-brainers to me.  For example:

• When setting up a Tech Support case in My ESRI, there is no specific category for Arcade
  • Here in Geonet there is no specific space for Arcade (although there a couple Python related ones)
  • There is no Arcade specific space in the Ideas page
  • The online help seems to be written for an audience with much more experience with the language than the average ESRI user

I have had numerous interactions with Xander Bakker‌ and Chris Fox‌ (both from ESRI) that have been extremely helpful, and gentlemen, please know how much help you've been and how much I appreciate it.  However, moving forward, for Arcade to gain traction and be more useful for those of us just exploring it, existing online resources need to be improved and/or expanded

That should just about do it....
Tags (1)
3 Replies
XanderBakker
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Joe Borgione ,

Actually there is a space related to Arcade that could be very helpful for you. It was created recently and is called 

Attribute Rules 

There are many resources available, but I agree that they are pretty scattered. You have however, a learn path for Arcade  (Learn ArcGIS | Learn ArcGIS ) and the Arcade developer website (ArcGIS Arcade | ArcGIS for Developers ) offers a lot of information. There are many blogs about Arcade and a GitHub repository: GitHub - Esri/arcade-expressions: ArcGIS Arcade expression templates for all supported profiles in t... 

JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

The Github site is nice!

0 Kudos
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

Forgot about this:  https://community.esri.com/docs/DOC-15262-attribute-rule-faq#jive_content_id_Why_cant_I_open_a_featu... 

Our shop is 100% ArcGIS Pro, and we'd like to develop a data collaboration consortium with other agencies.  Not sure where the other potential members are in migration process. 

0 Kudos