alter domain in PublicParking Local Government Solution

Jump to solution
11-13-2017 02:19 PM
JayHodny
Occasional Contributor III

Hi. I am trying to configure the PublicParking LG solution in ArcGIS Pro.  I would like to update or replace the domain for the OPERHOURS (Operational Hours) field of the 'On Street Meter Parking' feature class.  The current coded values in the domain do not apply to the meter hours we enforce.  I was hoping to add to the current drop-down list of choices or replace it.  The ArcGIS Solutions Deployment tool implied (Step 3 of the Configure step) I could "configure one, or more, domains used in the feature layer(s) provided with the ArcGIS Solution." I can't figure out the current domain name, assuming I can modify the coded choices.  There are other fields with coded value domains on this and the other feature classes, that I would like to update as well, so I am hoping there is a way to do this.  I have tried to create new domains with create, add, assign domain tools, but no luck.  Many thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AllisonMuise1

Jay Hodny

The Solution Deployment Tool doesn't require you to know the name of the domain in order to update the values.

• After deploying the solution, go to Configure and ArcGIS Solution in the Solutions Deployment Tool. Click 'Next Step', and 'Skip' to advance to the place where you can update domains.
  • Navigate to your portal/organization and choose the layer that you'd like to update. Note that the SDT is updating the published layer, not a feature class on disk.
  • Choose the field with the domain that you'd like to update. The table in the panel will update to show the existing domain values. You can use this UI to add, remove, and update the domain values.
  • When you are done, click Run to execute the changes.

-Allison

View solution in original post

4 Replies
AllisonMuise1

Jay Hodny

The Solution Deployment Tool doesn't require you to know the name of the domain in order to update the values.

• After deploying the solution, go to Configure and ArcGIS Solution in the Solutions Deployment Tool. Click 'Next Step', and 'Skip' to advance to the place where you can update domains.
  • Navigate to your portal/organization and choose the layer that you'd like to update. Note that the SDT is updating the published layer, not a feature class on disk.
  • Choose the field with the domain that you'd like to update. The table in the panel will update to show the existing domain values. You can use this UI to add, remove, and update the domain values.
  • When you are done, click Run to execute the changes.

-Allison

JayHodny

Hi Allison, thank you for the reply.  I was able to update the Code and Description of the domain as per your great instructions!  However, when I add a point feature in the 'on street meter parking' feature class in Pro, the 'operational hours' field domain still shows the original coded-value choices.  I don't see the changes I made in the drop down list.  So I still have a disconnect in my understanding of how this whole process works.

Is there any online or similar resource that takes a much more hands-on, deeper dive into the use of the Solutions Tool other than the: Get started overview - Public Parking | ArcGIS for Local Government  for new users?

0 Kudos
AllisonMuise1

I had this happen to me once before. Sometimes it seems that the task doesn't recognize the changes you have made. Could you try it again, but make sure that it has finished 'spinning' after the last change before you hit 'Run'. If it doesn't 'spin' after your last edit (like it should do after all edits) you might need to click in the white space of the task window (anywhere outside the domain table) to make it commit that last change, then click 'Run'.

If that doesn't fix it - maybe double-check that your map contains the same layer you are updating? We've all done this

If that all looks good and you still aren't seeing the changes, let me know!

0 Kudos
JayHodny

Allison,

I tried the spin/run step as you indicated.  No change.  I did have to restart Pro, and when I did that, the domain changes were there.  Not ideal, but it worked.

Thanks for your help,

Jay