Select to view content in your preferred language

Sort feature drawing order by date or other field

09-20-2019 01:17 PM
Labels (1)
Srinivasa_RaoJalaparti
Occasional Contributor

Hierarchy or Order of Symbology in a layer is useful to reduce create multiple layers, improves the performance, reduce the data maintenance support,  present historical information on a map like layers. There are multiple uses for business and more business users will be happy with this capability in ArcMap, ArcGIS Online and  Portal for ArcGIS.

15 Comments
wayfaringrob

This feature in AGO is exactly what Pro needs:

rburke_0-1673989315339.png

rburke_1-1673989335699.png

It works exactly as expected, quick and simple.

wayfaringrob

In fact, the lack of this functionality causes compatibility issues when opening a web map directly in Pro -- on web, my darker colors/higher values are on top (desired), but loading the map in Pro shows them underneath since it's likely sorting by OID.

rburke_0-1674081767204.png

rburke_1-1674081780397.png

JulieGrindborg

I have had that problem too, @wayfaringrob! So that is the reason why.. Then I definitely hope they can fix this!

willbruce_KarukTribeDNR

Added at 3.1! Thank you!

AmeliaBradshaw
Status changed to: Implemented

This Idea has been implemented in ArcGIS Pro 3.1 as an option in Advanced Symbology Options. More information can be found in the 'Set the feature drawing order' documentation

Please see the What's New documentation for more new features in Pro 3.1.

The Ideas in ArcGIS Pro 3.1 blog will be wrapped up soon, highlighting all Ideas implemented in this release, including this one. Once complete, I will add the link to this comment.