Export ArcGIS Pro Scenes to 3D File Formats (.blender, .obj, .fbx)

09-09-2020 09:43 AM
Labels (1)
BlairDeaver3
Occasional Contributor

The export options for a local scene are limited mainly to raster options only.  It would be great if users could export Pro Scenes to a format that can be used with other 3d software products such as Blender and/or SketchFab.  There seemed to be more options via ArcGIS than ArcGIS Pro.  Thanks!

7 Comments
HaroldKrivell

I find our team moreso in need of this feature as we have customers who are using 3D data in arcPro and need to export the scene to FBX. Our organization does not need City Engine at this time, we would only need a scene export tool or plugin.

Theresa_Zehentbauer

I vote for FBX-Export!

DavidMedeiros

Just looking into this but not surprised to find that ArcGIS Pro can not export its local scenes to other usable 3d formats (DAE OBJ etc...). A lack of interoperability has plagued ESRI software since its inception but I'd hoped that was changing w Pro. Esri, please add the ability to export a local scene as a 3d model with textures for use in other applications like Blender, MeshLab, SparkAR.

JacobAalfs

Please create a 3D export tool with options for FBX, OBJ and DAE.

DEI
by

Also export to .wrl (as with ArcScene) please.

AmandaT1

Yes, we need more export options. And how about .stl? I have people who want to 3D print terrain models, building footprints etc.

zdgra
by

I really want to be able to do this so that I can export a voxel from ArcGIS Pro to Unity.