ArcGIS Pro 2.6: A geoprocessing tool to concatenate values of a table,

08-09-2020 01:14 AM
Labels (1)
JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

ArcGIS Pro 2.6: A geoprocessing tool to concatenate values of a table,

It would be great if we got an out of the box geoprocessing tool that concatenates values of a table. I’m aware of that such tool could be available but I wanted this tool to be built in in the Pro

In the screenshot below, the result of concatenation of attribute table P1 is represented in the stand-alone table T3

32 Comments
JamalNUMAN

are we going to have concatinate option in 2.7?

JamalNUMAN

The output of the tool is not as expected, Dan

Clip_525.jpgClip_526.jpg

KevinTate

@JamalNUMAN I am attempting to do the same function that you were previously on this post. I am NOT trying to concatenate values. I want values shared by an object to be listed based on a single object ID. Can you help with this?

Or is there a simple field calculation that can be done with Python?

Thanks

JamalNUMAN

I wish Pro will be enhanced to have concatenation functionality as illustrated above

JakeKrall

In dire need to have the ability in the Summarize tool to combine field values.  We can summarize by sum, mean, first, last, Unique (count), etc, but need to be able to concatenate/merge values from a field.  We have city services per location (LocID/PropID) garbage=GB, water meter=WA, irrigation meter=WI, sewer service=SW and so on.  When I summarize I would like to be able to merge the values from a field UTSVC with values of GB, WA, WI, SW etc separated by a comma, semi-colon, or other character.  Would look like the example here after a summarize using LocID as the case field:

SummarizeCombineValues.png

LocIDUTSVCName
3565SW, WABlondie
3575GB, SW, WAAngel Eyes

Please consider putting this in Product Plan soon.  Thank  you.

If you work for a living, why to you kill yourself working - Tuco
JamalNUMAN

hope this will be implemented soon

DrewFlater
Status changed to: In Product Plan

JakeKrall

@DrewFlater   Any idea when we could see this implemented?  It's very much needed today as my example above details.  Thank you.

DrewFlater

@JakeKrall  it is in our Near Term plan to include this concatenation option in Summary Statistics as well as other tools that combine multiple records into one record with some statistical or other computation applied to the field values (Dissolve for example).  It is in development currently for ArcGIS Pro 3.0 but I can't give a guarantee on which release it will be available.

JamalNUMAN

very promising!