Add XYZ Tiles Layer(TMS)

01-02-2019 10:52 PM
Labels (1)
欢杨
by
New Contributor II

As we know TMS is faster than wms and wmts,but arcgis can't add tms service.

In QGIS,we can easily add tms layer,like this。I think that Esri can add this function to ArcGIS/ArcGIS Pro in the future!

14 Comments
TanuHoque

@PhạmPhương 

Unfortunately I believe what you are asking for is not supported. Would you mind call Esri Support and log an issue?

Starting ArcGIS Pro 2.8, we do support something called 'custom request parameter'. But unfortunately that'd not work either because we don't support this with xyz/tiled service layer.

https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/2.8/help/mapping/layer-properties/add-layers-to-a-map.htm#ESRI_SEC...

LancasterGIS

You can add an xyz tile layer using the Add Data from URL button in ArcGIS Pro 2.9. I just tested it with a standard public XYZ JPG raster tile layer and it seems to work fine.

giswqs
by

I can confirm that the Add Data From URL button works nicely for XYZ Tile layers. Is there a way to add data from URL programmatically without clicking the button? I am developing a plugin that can allow users to add XYZ tile layers programmatically. Note that the tile layer URL is generated dynamically. It is inconvenient to click the Add Data From URL button every time. 

Bud
by