Select to view content in your preferred language

Traverse Tool and Legal Descriptions

10-16-2023 09:45 AM
CarbonAmerica
New Contributor III

Hi Everyone,

I'm having trouble with the Traverse Tool. Mainly, I just want to know if I'm entering this legal description correctly, because it's generating a super strange shape for a centerline that doesn't make much sense. I've attached the legal description, my traverse input, and the geometric output. Direction is set as Chord.

If someone could tell me if this is correct or has any recommendations, please let me know!

Thanks so much
0 Kudos
1 Reply
JeffWard
Regular Contributor II

I realize this is pretty old, but I think I see what the issue is. You are double entering your curves. The a at the end of your values in the Chord Length field indicate you are overriding the chord length with the arc length, but you are entering two lines for each curve, one using the chord length expressed as the arc length and the other as the arc length expressed correctly as the arc length. You only need one line in the traverse grid per curve and only one of these three parameters in the final field - delta (central angle), arc length, or chord length.

You can fix it by entering things this way:

JeffWard_0-1717539545161.png

Don't enter the a after your chord distance and don't enter the second line for each curve.

I hope that helps.

Jeff Ward
Summit County, Utah
0 Kudos