Select to view content in your preferred language

Build Parcel Record from all historic parcels

07-18-2022 11:49 AM
AdamHart1
New Contributor III

I am currently using Pro 2.9.3 and my parcel fabric is in a FGDB. I have started to slowly "back-build" records for historic splits and combinations since I would like to easily see the split history of a particular parcel. My historic tax parcels are already in the historic feature class, so I am just creating a record for the split/combination and putting the GlobalID of the record into the created/retired tax parcels fields. The issue I am running into is when all of the tax parcels involved in the split/combination are historic. When I try to build the record in this case, nothing happens. This process works fine when at least one of the tax parcels is current, but not when they are all historic. Does anyone know if there is a solution to this? I think I might be able to set one of the parcels to current temporarily and then build the record. Then change it back to historic, but that seems like a pain. Any help would be appreciated. 

Thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

What version of the Parcel Fabric are you using? Have you tried "Build Extent" instead, to see if that works?

When you build a record, it's supposed to base the record geometry on the combined shapes of anything created or retired by that record, regardless of its current status. (Relevant idea here.)

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos
AdamHart1
New Contributor III

I am using Fabric version 5. Yeah I use build extent most of the time I am doing this workflow, but neither method works to build the geometry of the record. Would it make a difference if the parcels were created in an earlier version of the fabric? Some of my historic parcels have been in the fabric for many years and even before we implemented the ArcMap parcel fabric. Some parcels were only created last year. 

0 Kudos
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I don't think it would matter that the parcels come from an older dataset, so long as the GUID is entered into the proper field.

We've been doing a similar process of "backdating" our parcel fabric, and have not encountered any issue with the record geometry not building.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos