Select to view content in your preferred language

Why can't I see my relationship class name in ArcGIS Online, but can in the ArcPro Catalog?

1615
1
Jump to solution
05-05-2023 09:20 PM
elpinguino
Occasional Contributor III

Hi ArcGIS Online community,

I published a gdb from ArcPro with relationship classes in it. The first time I published it to AGOL I couldn't get featuresetbyname to work. This led me to the data tab where I realised I couldn't see my relationship class between the parent polygon and child table. I thought I had named these relationships when I created them in ArcPro.

I downloaded the feature service as an fgdb back into pro to try and fix this. I right clicked on the relationship class in the ArcPro Catalog and selected rename.

This is what it looks like and what I expected the two relationship class names to look like in AGOL.

elpinguino_0-1683346516233.png

 

I published it as a new feature service to AGOL, but am still getting the empty name. Why is this, and how do I fix it?

This is what it looks like in AGOL.

elpinguino_1-1683346574287.png

 

This is the third time I am republishing it over the last 2ish years. The first time I didn't notice this issue. The second time (a few months ago) I noticed this issue with 3/5 relationship classes. Today I see the issue with 3/3 relationship classes. I have removed the others.

Thanks in advance for your help. I have worked with relationships before a little, but haven't come across this issue before.

 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
elpinguino
Occasional Contributor III

I was able to figure out by reading another post in the community that the relationship forward/backward name gets removed from any relationships when downloading an fgdb for the second or third time from arcgis online.

This is the post. Thanks @Strahanjen for posting your findings which led to a bug being logged.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
elpinguino
Occasional Contributor III

I was able to figure out by reading another post in the community that the relationship forward/backward name gets removed from any relationships when downloading an fgdb for the second or third time from arcgis online.

This is the post. Thanks @Strahanjen for posting your findings which led to a bug being logged.

0 Kudos