Select to view content in your preferred language

"Active Tool" option not working

Jump to solution
01-13-2015 01:10 PM
Data___Visualization_StudioDat
Occasional Contributor

I am configuring an application template through ArcGIS online.

The template allows you to select which tools will be included and you can specify the active tool as well.

I would like the Active Tool to be None - but even with None selected the Basemap Gallery is displayed.

I found this thread on GitHub (https://github.com/Esri/Viewer/issues/34) but the suggestion of clicking the edior/display editor toolbar did not work for me.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KellyHutchins
Esri Frequent Contributor

Looks like a bug related to the one you linked to earlier. I have a fix for this that will be in the next release of Online. If you are able to host the template locally I could send you the fix now?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
11 Replies
KellyHutchins

Is your app/webmap public? If so can you send the url?

0 Kudos
KellyHutchins

Thanks David,

If I look at the application values it looks like the 'activeTool' option hasn't been specified. When you configured it which tool did you set as active?

Here's the app values that show the options that have been configured.

http://mississauga.maps.arcgis.com/sharing/content/items/73909e939be34d2b931f0765ba3bf4a6/data?f=jso...

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Kelly,

The active tool is set to none, which is what I would like.

As a test I created a web map using the Esri Map Layers that are provided and selected a dataset from the Demographic and Lifestyles sub section and the "none" as the active tool worked.

0 Kudos
KellyHutchins

Looks like a bug related to the one you linked to earlier. I have a fix for this that will be in the next release of Online. If you are able to host the template locally I could send you the fix now?

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Kelly,

I am not able to host the template locally.

Do you happen to know when the next release of Online will be?  I have several maps I would like to apply the new template to, but will not do so until this issue is resolved.

Thanks

0 Kudos
KellyHutchins

The next release should be around Dev Summit - so early March.

0 Kudos
ClaireBrill
Occasional Contributor

I am experiencing the exact same behavior.  The tools I have selected are find location, legend and share.  With the active tool set to none, the legend appears.  The editor/toolbar work around did not fix the problem.

0 Kudos
KellyHutchins

Claire this issue should be resolved in the next release which is due out soon.

0 Kudos