Issues with on premise content in Microsoft Edge Browser?

05-03-2018 09:03 AM
Amanda__Huber
MVP Regular Contributor

Hi Esri/GeoNet Community, 

We're looking for anyone who may have experienced or may be currently experiencing this same issue. 

When we view any ArcGIS Online application (Map Viewer, Operations Dashboard, WAB) with on premise content (hosted on our internal ArcGIS Server)  using the Microsoft Edge Browser it results in an error displaying the data. In AGOL Map Viewer or WAB it states that "The layer can not be added to the map." In Operations Dashboard the data simply cannot be displayed, and results in an error message "Not Fully Configured". (Please see attached)

We do not have this issue in any other browsers, Chrome, IE, Firefox, and Safari all work without issue.

We have been able to narrow down that this is strictly an internal network issue (everything is accessible off the network) and confirmed that this is not a firewall issue. We have also confimed with IT that our organization has no restrictions set on our Edge Browsers as well. 

One more detail, when using Fiddler this content is viewable and results in no errors or issues. We are aware that Fiddler inserts it's own certificate, but are not sure how we can use this evidence.

We are working closely with our IT department as well, but they are just as puzzled as we are. 

Thank you!

40 Replies
PaulWirth
Occasional Contributor

I know this is an older discussion, but I have an issue with the new Edge Chromium. When I was on 10.6.1 Portal I switched to Edge Chromium because IE was to slow and it worked great for months until I upgraded to Portal 10.8.1. Now the cache gets immediately full and Portal just spins in circles. I can clear the cache and it will work for a few minutes and then it will stop again. If I open a private session in Edge it works fine. 

Is anyone else having this issue? I am trying to make things standard in my office, but because of the upgrade to Portal 10.8.1 I need to go back to the slow IE. Is there a solution?