Instant app Sidebar issue identify after last update

Jump to solution
03-19-2024 05:56 AM
SMauri
by
Occasional Contributor III

Hi all,

when you make a query on the map, after the first query the information in the sidebar no longer appears. Not only this, but the selected element remains selected even when you click on other elements on the map.

Does this happen to anyone else too?

Here a demo app for testing: Demo Instant App Sidebar (arcgis.com)

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ZakBaron
New Contributor III

Your welcome--this has been logged as a bug:

BUG-000166058 

I'm going to move my app to Experience Builder for now.

View solution in original post

19 Replies
ZakBaron
New Contributor III

Yes, I am seeing the same issue. I noticed it in the demo as well. Tried it in several browsers and in incognito mode, but always the same behavior. 

I opened a case yesterday with ESRI Tech Support. It looked like we had fixed it by recreating the Sidebar app with the existing map I had been using. But after a brief success it went back to the problem behavior.

SMauri
by
Occasional Contributor III

Thank you Zak for your feedback 👍

0 Kudos
ZakBaron
New Contributor III

Your welcome--this has been logged as a bug:

BUG-000166058 

I'm going to move my app to Experience Builder for now.

KarenChadwick2
New Contributor II

Is there any timeline on when this bug will be fixed? 

(I can't use Experience Builder as a workaround because it's too resource-hogging for users on VDIs.)

0 Kudos
LeahBowyer
New Contributor II

Thank you, @ZakBaron! Unfortunately, the link to the bug documentation (above) isn't working for me. We are experiencing the same issue, and I was wanting to review and confirm if they are indeed the same.

Edited to correct user tag.

0 Kudos
ZakBaron
New Contributor III

Hi @LeahBowyer ,

I did not get a notification on your reply because you made a typo in my name: it should be @ZakBaron 

not @zakebaron  I think you have to choose a name from the auto-complete list after you start searching...

At any rate, I replied below about the link not working. You are not the only one it is not working for, but I don't have an answer on why that is...

LeahBowyer
New Contributor II

I created a case with Esri, and I referenced your bug. Now, I can subscribe and receive updates on our organization's support case log.

Thanks again!

0 Kudos
Amanda__Huber
MVP Regular Contributor

UGH we're seeing this exact same issue as well. This is very frustrating on top of this issue we logged today: 

https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-online-questions/arcgis-online-sidebar-instant-app-popup-breaks...

0 Kudos
Amanda__Huber
MVP Regular Contributor

Please note the bug recorded refers to the builder, is this intentional?
FYI We're seeing this issue in the live app not just the builder. 

Amanda__Huber_0-1714496228810.png

0 Kudos