Imagery layers not displaying properly in new map viewer

Jump to solution
11-02-2022 07:07 AM
JaredPilbeam2
MVP Regular Contributor

Hello,

I published a digital terrain model and a digital surface model from pro to my AGOL account. They do not display correctly in the new map viewer. However, they look fine in the classic map viewer. The problem is, I want them in the new map viewer because there you can group the layers. Any ideas why the imagery is not displaying correctly?

New Map Viewer:

JaredPilbeam2_0-1667397927963.png

Classic Map Viewer:

JaredPilbeam2_1-1667397966785.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

I think the issue is the apply dynamic range and this is applying and you can see that tiling in Map Viewer Classic at times too. You see the exportImage under the console shows the tiling in the image coming from the service.

Disabling the dynamic option I was able to generate a result I think you are expecting

RussellRoberts1_1-1667488517187.png

View solution in original post

7 Replies
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

Can you share the layer showing the issue?

0 Kudos
JaredPilbeam2
MVP Regular Contributor

Hi @RussRoberts ,

Absolutely. I'll just give you the webmap. Open it in the new map viewer to see the DTM and DSM not displaying correctly. The symbology is not even showing up currently for the DSM. I have it set for a multi-part color scheme (blue -red) but it's displaying as black - white.

https://willcountygis.maps.arcgis.com/apps/mapviewer/index.html?webmap=c2b23dda0ba941a4a17397acdbaba...

EDIT: I have a case going with ESRI Support, btw. Case #03189149.

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

I think the issue is the apply dynamic range and this is applying and you can see that tiling in Map Viewer Classic at times too. You see the exportImage under the console shows the tiling in the image coming from the service.

Disabling the dynamic option I was able to generate a result I think you are expecting

RussellRoberts1_1-1667488517187.png

JaredPilbeam2
MVP Regular Contributor

Thanks, disabling the DRA did correct the DTM. However, disabling the DRA on the DSM did not correct the coloring scheme. It will still only show black - white.

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

That will need a support bug. The dev console is throwing errors and would get the imagery team to look into it. 

spandyat25
New Contributor

Hello Russ, 

Sorry first time here, couldn’t see an option to start a new post so adding here. Myself and team having issues with imagery services (elevation rasters) not displaying /rendering in a map within experience builder. It doesn’t have much advanced settings or analysis inside. Only few symbology and pop-up options. Services work fine within a fresh basic map. What could be some of the possible reasons for display issues in those cases ? We are looking into few fixes discussed in the forum but also thought to ask. Thanks ! 

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

Do you have the map/layers to share and I can take a look.