How to symbolize quantities of cases by zipcode in ArcGIS Online?

Jump to solution
07-02-2020 11:40 AM
StessyCocerez
New Contributor

Hello everyone!

I need to symbolize quantity/count of cases by zipcode in ArcGIS Online. The feature layer I am using has zipcodes as well as other demographic information (race, ethnicity, age), date of death, and date reported. All of this information is per person. All of this information will be utilized in a web app as well. I'm getting stuck on how to display total numbers of cases per zipcode

Can someone please assist? Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BenTurrell
Occasional Contributor III

Hey Stessy Cocerez‌,

So it sounds like you have a feature layer that contains individual person data. If that is the case you can add a layer that is just zipcode and then do a spatial join. If you set the Join Operation to one-to-one you will then get a count value inside the zipcode layer that is a count of all the points inside that area.

To do a spatial join in ArcGIS Online click on the analysis button -> Summarize Data -> Join Features.

The target layer will be the zipcode layer

The layer to join to target will be the individual person layer

Your Join type will be spatial join

Join operation will be one-to-one

Give it a result name

You may want to click show credits to get an idea of how many credits it will consume.

If you have any questions please let me know!

Thanks,

Ben

If this answer was helpful please mark it as helpful. If this answer solved your question please mark it as the answer to help others who have the same question.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
BenTurrell
Occasional Contributor III

Hey Stessy Cocerez‌,

So it sounds like you have a feature layer that contains individual person data. If that is the case you can add a layer that is just zipcode and then do a spatial join. If you set the Join Operation to one-to-one you will then get a count value inside the zipcode layer that is a count of all the points inside that area.

To do a spatial join in ArcGIS Online click on the analysis button -> Summarize Data -> Join Features.

The target layer will be the zipcode layer

The layer to join to target will be the individual person layer

Your Join type will be spatial join

Join operation will be one-to-one

Give it a result name

You may want to click show credits to get an idea of how many credits it will consume.

If you have any questions please let me know!

Thanks,

Ben

If this answer was helpful please mark it as helpful. If this answer solved your question please mark it as the answer to help others who have the same question.

StessyCocerez
New Contributor

Thank you so much Ben Turrell‌!

I appreciate your assistance and response

Stessy

0 Kudos