Select to view content in your preferred language

Gallery Instant App: add "show items filtered by tag" configuration option

10-11-2022 04:04 AM
AdminWPZ
New Contributor III

Following up on this solved thread: https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-instant-apps-questions/gallery-app-vs-maps-and-apps-gallery/m-p... 

Unfortunately the filter options here are not sufficient for our needs. An added function to show elements filtered by tags would be awesome.

My question: Is there a plan to include a tag filter function in the app configuration in the future, or a way to achieve this right now?

AdminWPZ_1-1665479638954.png

Our use case: We use the Gallery Instant App in the Hub to display all the apps and items (Dashboards, Instant Apps, uploaded PDFs, linked content etc.) that our people can work with on their desktop computers, separated by team (rangers, education, etc.). For each team I created a user group (ranger, education, etc.) for specific access. Let's look at the rangers:

• If I show them all the content by group (ranger) they can see absolutely everything - including e.g. seeing every feature layer, and opening every map in map viewer - that has been shared with them.
  • If I show them just the Apps they can see no linked content or PDF, but they see every Survey 123 item, even those that they can't work with (because it's not shared to send in surveys from the browser).

I have added tags (hub_ranger, hub_xxx) to all elements that are supposed to be included in the hub. This works great in the hub gallery element and would be awesome to have as an Instant app function too.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
0 Replies