Custom search in AGOL is not working properly

Jump to solution
07-14-2014 11:59 AM
RobbHodges
Occasional Contributor III

I've created a custom search in agol, using a composite geocoder. It mainly searches for IDs for various assets. It works great in our flex viewer web map and the arcgis online web map. However, it only partially works in the agol for ios app. I can search, as long as a user is logged into agol. The majority of our users do not have accounts, and this isn't really an option for them. As soon as I log in, the search works fine. It also appears to work for a short while after logging out. This is a public map, but behind our firewall that our iPad users are able to access.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobbHodges

Hey Alexander Nohe

I had that checked already. I started playing around in the app a bit and found that once I added our organization as a GIS Connection, everything worked fine. Not sure why this made the difference, but I'm happy to have it working for everyone now.

Thanks for the suggestion though!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AlexanderNohe1

Hi Robert Hodges‌,

Can you go into your ArcGIS organizational account and into the Edit Settings option in the My Organization page.

From there, click on the Security tab and make sure that the Allow Anonymous Access option is checked on.annonymousAccess.png

Does this help?

Thanks!

RobbHodges

Hey Alexander Nohe

I had that checked already. I started playing around in the app a bit and found that once I added our organization as a GIS Connection, everything worked fine. Not sure why this made the difference, but I'm happy to have it working for everyone now.

Thanks for the suggestion though!

0 Kudos