Can't figure out why public map visible publicly, but app cannot be viewed

09-17-2019 09:50 AM
JonahMiller1
New Contributor II

I have a map here that, as far as I can tell (by opening it in an Incognito window), is viewable by the public (as it should be -- every single layer it references is shared publicly, and then some...). However, an application that references that map and only that map is still requiring me to log in when I try to open it in an Incognito window, whatever I've tried. I've looked into the app configuration several times, and it sincerely does not reference anything besides this one app that appears to be working. Settings should be shared with "everyone," etc. What else can I do? What am I missing? 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Katie_Clark
MVP Regular Contributor

Hi Jonah!

Maybe information in this thread can help you out? https://community.esri.com/thread/219837-arcgis-online-web-app-public-access-asking-for-login 

Best,
Katie

“The goal is not simply to ‘work hard, play hard.’ The goal is to make our work and our play indistinguishable.”
- Simon Sinek
0 Kudos
Katie_Clark
MVP Regular Contributor

I checked the Terms of Use on the item details page for the State Boundaries layer, and noticed that it says this: 

Important Note: This item requires an ArcGIS Online organizational subscription or an ArcGIS Developer account and does not consume credits.

Will it work if you remove any layers where that message applies?

Best,
Katie

“The goal is not simply to ‘work hard, play hard.’ The goal is to make our work and our play indistinguishable.”
- Simon Sinek