Select to view content in your preferred language

Buffer not working in Map Viewer- Input Layer button not working

Jump to solution
06-14-2023 07:43 AM
Labels (1)
pwilliams18Williams
Emerging Contributor

I've done buffers in ArcGIS Map Viewer Classic a few times, but never in new Map Viewer. When I try to select a layer, it just pops up this arbitrary little black box in the middle of the map, but won't let me physically select a layer from the Input Layer “+ Layer” button. 

I tried to click on the little black box in the middle of the map, which appears to be like a table or something with two little left and right arrows on the left inside of the box, and up and down arrows in the top of the box. Every time I click the black box, it just goes way. No clue what the function is.

I was able to fill out all the other parameters (distance, output, etc.) without issue, but the input just doesn’t want to work.

error_mapviewer.png

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AmandaRing
Esri Contributor

@pwilliams18Williams  this should now be fixed for Chrome and Edge. Please let us know if you continue to see errors.

You may also see some new tools and functionality added. To learn about what's new in analysis, check out this blog.

Amanda
Product Engineer - Web Analysis

View solution in original post

3 Replies
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

This is a known issue with the latest Chrome update. We have a release rolling out this week that will address this issue.

0 Kudos
AmandaRing
Esri Contributor

@pwilliams18Williams  this should now be fixed for Chrome and Edge. Please let us know if you continue to see errors.

You may also see some new tools and functionality added. To learn about what's new in analysis, check out this blog.

Amanda
Product Engineer - Web Analysis
pwilliams18Williams
Emerging Contributor

Thanks Amanda and Russ. This working for me now on Edge. 

0 Kudos