Arcgis Online credits (Storage)

Jump to solution
02-08-2022 11:27 PM
ALI_AZZOUHRI
New Contributor III

Can someone please explain to me how I used this Credit even though I do not use it, and how I can renew it file storage.PNG

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
shan_sarkar
Occasional Contributor III

Hi @ALI_AZZOUHRI,

Please refer Understand credits 

This help doc gives a detailed outline of what and how the credits work for ArcGIS Online.

For renewal of credits there is a section named Get more credits in the help doc I shared earlier.

I hope this helps.

~Shan

View solution in original post

12 Replies
shan_sarkar

Hi @ALI_AZZOUHRI,

Please refer Understand credits 

This help doc gives a detailed outline of what and how the credits work for ArcGIS Online.

For renewal of credits there is a section named Get more credits in the help doc I shared earlier.

I hope this helps.

~Shan
ALI_AZZOUHRI
New Contributor III

Sorry do you have the list price for the credit

0 Kudos
Katie_Clark
MVP Regular Contributor

Unfortunately you did use the credits, it looks like the majority of them were used for feature storage. 

If you click on "Standard Feature Data Store" (the first row in the table) a button appears for "View Item Details" which will show you more detailed information about the database storage, ordering feature services by their size to let you know which services are consuming the most credits.

As @shan_sarkar already said, viewing the documentation he linked to will also be essential to understanding exactly how credits are consumed in AGOL. 

Best,
Katie

“The goal is not simply to ‘work hard, play hard.’ The goal is to make our work and our play indistinguishable.”
- Simon Sinek
ALI_AZZOUHRI
New Contributor III

Sorry do you have the list price for the credits

0 Kudos
shan_sarkar

You can refer Credits pricing. However, I recommend getting in touch with your Esri Customer Rep for detailed information.

~Shan
0 Kudos
BrittanyBurson

Hi @Katie_Clark and others,

Can anyone explain to me if attachments hosted in a related table are not calculated as "attachments" for credit purposes? Our largest credit consumer by far in the Standard Feature Data Store category is an OCP feature class...

BrittanyBurson_2-1644961096452.png

Detail when viewed:

BrittanyBurson_0-1644960961842.png

Viewing the details of this item shows this OCP feature class as using 15,085 MB but the vast majority of that is attachment:

BrittanyBurson_1-1644961007234.png

The attachments are stored in a related table... is that why we are burning through credits on this?

Hoping to better understand. Also tagging @KellyGerrow  ... Thank you!

Katie_Clark
MVP Regular Contributor

We have a very similar situation and I still can't wrap my head around why a feature layer that is a relatively small size, but had a large amount of attachments, is registered as being one of the largest consumer of credits in "Feature Data Store". It explicitly states in the Understand Credits documentation that attachments consume credits at a different rate than feature data storage.

I really wish Esri would be able to provide a summary and it would just say exactly how many credits a particular service (regardless of type) consumed within a queried time period. 

Best,
Katie

“The goal is not simply to ‘work hard, play hard.’ The goal is to make our work and our play indistinguishable.”
- Simon Sinek
shan_sarkar

For a second if we were to look at the same situation in a geodatabase where there is a feature class with attachments enabled. Each image would be stored in the non-spatial table or a related flat table in the geodatabase as a BLOB type. This will surely increase the geodatabase size and this is true for an enterprise  geodatabase or a file geodatabase, so the same logic will apply on ArcGIS Online as well as it is primarily a data storage concept.

I did find some info on the Credits by capability (it is mentioned in the table as the 3rd point)

I hope this helps.

~Shan
0 Kudos
Katie_Clark
MVP Regular Contributor

Hi Shan,

That documentation is where I was getting my information from. However, it states that:

"Feature storage, excluding feature attachments, feature collections, and features associated with location tracking" cost 2.4 credits per 10 MB stored per month, calculated hourly.

"Storage of all content, excluding hosted feature layers and content in ArcGIS Notebooks (i.e. Store web maps, Store feature collections, Store attachments in a hosted feature layer, Store published vector tile layers from ArcGIS Pro, Store scene layer packages from ArcGIS Pro" cost 1.2 credits per 1 GB stored per month, calculated hourly.

That's where my confusion lies....

Best,
Katie

- Simon Sinek