Warning prompt for Removing Pop-Up on ArcGIS Online

11-24-2015 09:14 AM
MicahWilliamson
Occasional Contributor II
------EVERYONE WHO HAS USED ARCGIS ONLINE HAS DONE THIS------

While administering ArcGIS Online the Space between Remove Pop-up and Configure Pop-Up is less than a millimeter. Actually there is No space. TWICE today, I have hit Remove Pop-Up instead of Configure Pop-Up.
0EME0000000kCzX

***POOF*** - GONE.
If it's a custom HTML pop-up wiht attachemnents, Links, & everything is just perfect, this can really sour your day.

Please warn us, or give us an "Oh Crap!" button

I know I can cut & past the code, into a text editor, and I do. But you know when you get into the groove, making little changes and stuff like that, it just gets away from you 1/2 hour goes by really quickly.

Then hitting the wrong button loses that work!

5 Comments
KellyPhipps
I'd like to see the popup configuration remain, even if Popups have bee disabled for a given layer.  
KellyGerrow

Hi Micah,

Can you take a look at the new visualization tab where you can configure pop ups? I think this may resolve you issue and eliminate the need for the "Oh Crap" button as you can't remove the pop up configuration from this tab.

The purpose is to set a default pop up configuration for the layer that can be used in multiple web maps, which will remain with the layer. You will still have the option to change the pop up configuration in the web map, but if you accidentally hit remove, the default pop up will be available again through the layer configuration if the layer is re-added.

Let us know if this has resulted in any improvements to your workflow.

-Kelly

MicahWilliamson

Kelly.

I saw that new visualization tab as a HUGE improvement for data management. But it's only for feature services, Correct? In order top protect my data and how it is viewed, I have MANY more Map Image Layers than feature services. It's a great improvement but I won't use it for a majority of my layers. I just don't want to risk my data being edited.

AnninaHirschi_Wyss1

Kelly,

I add and save a custom attribute display in the visualization tab.

- When I add that layer on a map, the custom attribute display is fine.

- When I add a Tile Service that has pop ups enabled from that feature service, the custom attribute display is ignored and a standard display appears.

Am I missing something? Or does this really only work for displayed Feature Services?

Thanks!

KellyGerrow

Thanks for your feedback!

Micah, are you using ArcGIS Server dynamic Map services for your layers or tiled services?

Annina Theres Hirschi Wyss​, we may need to look into this issue further. I'll reach out when I have more information.

Thanks,

Kelly