Select to view content in your preferred language

Map contents not syncing to Illustrator layers despite "sync successful" message

Jump to solution
02-09-2023 02:16 PM
KarenKey2
New Contributor II

Hello,

Last fall I was able to use the ArcGIS extension for Illustrator to save a web map, import it into the program, and sync it to produce vector map elements.

I updated to Illustrator 2023 a couple of months ago and lost the extension, so I downloaded the current version and installed today. Now, when I go to sync a map to the artwork layers, it doesn't load any of the elements except for the copyright stamp. Otherwise, it's a blank white canvas and the layers are empty. I'm not getting any sort of error code...it tells me it's syncing successfully every time.

If I switch to the legacy mapping profile, it's able to produce PART of the content (in this case, paths for a trail map), but not the topography layer, so that doesn't help me much.

Appreciate any help.

24 Replies
Anna_Breton
Esri Contributor

Thanks for the details @AlexandraSwanson and @KarenKey2 . We're currently looking into this and will post updates when we have any.

0 Kudos
EmilyLewis
New Contributor

Hi @Anna_Breton a coworker and I are both having this same issue as well. We're both working on PCs Windows 10 and have the most recent update for Illustrator and the ArcGIS extension as well.
Happy to hear any updates on this issue. 

JustinBurker
New Contributor II

I started a new job and thought it was just how my work pc was setup. I am having the same issues both on my work pc and home desktop (different accounts). Work is Windows 10 Pro, Home is Windows 11 pro. Home is 3.32 and Illustrator 27.2.  I think work was the same. 

0 Kudos
MarciFermier
New Contributor II

I am having the same problem on both my work Macbook (M1) and personal Macbook (Intel). All was fine before updating the extension to 3.3.2. Help, please!

0 Kudos
Anna_Breton
Esri Contributor

Hi All, 

We're sorry about the inconvenience to your workflows. 

The issue is still under investigation and the team is actively looking into it.

A workaround for the time being is installing an older version of Illustrator. 

Illustrator versions 27.0 or 26.5.2 appear to work with Maps for Adobe 3.3.2.

To install an older version of Illustrator, please uninstall Maps for Adobe, switch to an appropriate version of Illustrator, and then reinstall Maps for Adobe. This install order is important.  

Hopefully this workaround helps. We will keep everyone updated when we have more info. 

Best, 
Anna
0 Kudos
TomLong
New Contributor

I'm having the same problem. Running Illustrator 27.2 on Windows 10 Enterprise v21H2.

0 Kudos
MichaelTemchine1
New Contributor II

I have installed 26.5.2, restarted my computer and now I just keep getting an error sayinf the print service is currently unavailable.

0 Kudos
MadhuraPhaterpekar
Esri Contributor

Hello @MichaelTemchine1 

We are unable to replicate this in-house in testing. Could you please share a screenshot of you compilation window and reference the data layers you are using? 

0 Kudos
MarciFermier
New Contributor II

I downgraded to the previous extension version, which was working fine (albeit slowly)!  And now today I'm randomly getting the "print services unavailable" error.

0 Kudos
MadhuraPhaterpekar
Esri Contributor

Hi @MarciFermier 

We are unable to replicate this in-house in testing. Could you please share a screenshot of you compilation window and reference the data layers you are using? 

0 Kudos