Issues Logging into ArcGIS Online Acct via ArcGIS Maps for CC

07-28-2021 05:52 AM
BrandyMcDow
New Contributor

I'm new to GIS and just installed ArcGIS Pro 2.8 as well as the extension for ArcGIS Maps for CC. I was able to create a test map in ArcGIS Pro and export it as an AIX file. However, when I try to open it, I get a prompt to log into ArcGIS Online. I have an account via my organization and use those credentials to log in, but the login screen just goes gray and nothing happens.  

0 Kudos
5 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have an organizational user experiencing this exact same issue when trying to log in to the Maps for CC extension via Adobe Illustrator. Just started two days ago - a day after v 3.0 extension was released. Could this be a bug in the new M4CC version??

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Further research shows my user's login issue is likely related to version incompatibility.

Adobe updates are pushed by our IT department, but Esri updates are not. Result? The newest version of Illustrator but not Maps for CC. According to this blog post, the newer version of Adobe apps are not compatible with version 2.x of Maps for CC.  

@BrandyMcDow  have you tried installing the version 3.0 of ArcGIS Maps for CC?

0 Kudos
MelanieFeliciano1
New Contributor

Here's yer problem. And my problem. And likely many others', too.

According to posts on the Esri Community ArcGIS for Adobe Creative Cloud Blog Illustrator version 25.3 not supported with ArcGIS Maps for Adobe Creative Cloud, despite the news that ArcGIS Maps for Adobe Creative Cloud version 3.0 is now available .

Hopefully, those updates are just around the corner! My sympathies to all while we wait.

0 Kudos
XingdongZhang
Esri Contributor

Hello MelanieFeliciano1 CathiBalch  BrandyMcDow

Sorry for the inconvenience you have encountered when using Maps for Adobe. Due to a major upgrade in Adobe's plug-in framework, Maps for Adobe 3.0 release is not compatible with the latest Adobe Illustrator. We are actively working on the issue. Please expect a fix in the near future. 

Thanks,

Xingdong

Maps for Adobe Team

0 Kudos
MadhuraPhaterpekar
Esri Contributor

Hello,

An update to support Illustrator version 25.3 and later is now available for windows. Please see this article for more info and install instructions.

https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-maps-for-adobe-creative-cloud-blog/update-to-support-adobe-illu...

0 Kudos