Select to view content in your preferred language

Failure to add data from some (but not all) Living Atlas layers

Jump to solution
05-11-2021 12:46 AM
Jane_T
by
New Contributor II

Hello everyone,

I am having trouble adding certain layers from the Living Atlas portal to ArcGIS Pro 2.5. For example, when I attempt to add the Terrain: Multi-Directional Hillshade layer I get the attached error (see screenshot). A number of other layers give the same issue. However, I am able to add certain Living Atlas layers without any problems. 

I know I could just try use a layer that adds without issues, but my team has been using a map template which uses the Terrain: Multi-Directional Hillshade layer, so for consistency I want to be able to use this layer on my computer too. My colleague also has no trouble adding the exact same Terrain: Multi-Directional Hillshade layer which won't add for me.

error.PNG

Thanks in advance for any help. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Are you logged in to ArcGIS Online (from Pro) using an organizational account? 

Terrain: Multi-Directional Hillshade and many other layers are subscriber content. 

JayantaPoddar_0-1620722248605.png

What is subscriber content?

Subscriber content is the collection of ready-to-use map layers, analytic tools, and services published by Esri that requires an organizational subscription account to access. This includes layers from Esri such as NAIP imagery, landscape analysis layers, and historical maps. Subscriber content is provided as part of your organizational subscription and does not consume any credits.

You cannot access subscriber content using Esri public account. In case you don't have an organizational account, you can get a free trial or purchase ArcGIS for Personal Use license (non-commercial purpose) to explore subscriber content.

Think Location

View solution in original post

5 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

your screenshot?

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
Jane_T
by
New Contributor II

Sorry it's there now. Not sure what happened the first time around.

0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Are you logged in to ArcGIS Online (from Pro) using an organizational account? 

Terrain: Multi-Directional Hillshade and many other layers are subscriber content. 

JayantaPoddar_0-1620722248605.png

What is subscriber content?

Subscriber content is the collection of ready-to-use map layers, analytic tools, and services published by Esri that requires an organizational subscription account to access. This includes layers from Esri such as NAIP imagery, landscape analysis layers, and historical maps. Subscriber content is provided as part of your organizational subscription and does not consume any credits.

You cannot access subscriber content using Esri public account. In case you don't have an organizational account, you can get a free trial or purchase ArcGIS for Personal Use license (non-commercial purpose) to explore subscriber content.

Think Location
Jane_T
by
New Contributor II

This is the issue. I wasn't aware that some of the Living Atlas content was subscriber only.

0 Kudos
RajinderNagi
Esri Contributor

We do have a tiled (cached) version of Terrain: Multi-Directional Hillshade layer, which is public and doesn't require login. It's called ' World Hillshade' and can be found here: https://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=1b243539f4514b6ba35e7d995890db1d

Anyone lookin to use Multi-Directional Hillshade as basemap should use 'World Hillshade'. 

0 Kudos