Select to view content in your preferred language

Sudden zoom causes IE 8 to crash

10-01-2014 09:10 AM
RahulMetangale2
New Contributor II

Hi All,

I have observed that if polygon graphic is added on map and map extent is changed suddenly (using map.setExtent()) IE8 crashes.

I have attached the sample application to reproduce the issue. Click on home button in the sample application to reproduce the issue.

Has any one faced this issue before? Any help is greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
KellyHutchins
Esri Frequent Contributor

In the future you may want to post ArcGIS API for JavaScript questions to the  ArcGIS API for JavaScript‌ place.

0 Kudos
KellyHutchins

I ran a quick test using IE8 and wasn't able to reproduce the crash. In your testing does it happen every time? Is this reproducible on multiple machines?

0 Kudos
RahulMetangale2
New Contributor II

Hi Kelly,

Thank you for the update. I uploaded the html file but looks like site change the extension to .html.zip. Please download the file remove the .zip extension. When you run the sample please wait for few sec for graphic layer to load. After graphic layer is loaded click on home button to reproduce the issue.

I have observe that issue occurs when some polygon graphic layer is present on the map and map is suddenly zoomed in.

I tested this on one machine.

please let me know if you need any other information.

0 Kudos
KellyHutchins

Hi Rahul,

I was able to test your sample application but cannot reproduce the issue. Perhaps this is specific to one machine? Do you have access to another machine where you can test the problem?

0 Kudos
RahulMetangale2
New Contributor II

Hello Kelly,

I was able to reproduce the issue on different machine. Here are the machine and browser combinations I have used:

Configuration 1:

Windows 7 SP1 32-bit

IE8  v 8.0.7601.17514

Configuration 2:

Windows 7 SP1 64-bit

IE8  v 8.0.7601.17514

Did you test it on IE8 or used developer tool to emulate the browser version? The issue is only reproducible on native IE8.

0 Kudos