Select to view content in your preferred language

Bug- Multiline Label Text(Length 50 Characters) of big polygon Feature layers Not showing in ExportMap

01-18-2024 01:44 AM
SaurabhUpadhyaya
Occasional Contributor

Similar bug registered 3 Years bug, still not resolved. https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-enterprise-questions/multiline-label-created-in-arcgis-pro-bug-...

@Noah-Sager @JonEmch  This is very long pending issue related to Labelinginfo in featurelayer when trying to export the big text like of 50 character of big area is not showing in ExportMap. Same text of 50 charccters length able to print if we polygon is small. Can you please share workaround to this issue.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Noah-Sager
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @SaurabhUpadhyaya, thank you for posting your question here.

It sounds like the issue here is with printing a map with 50+ characters in the label? And the feature being labeled is a large polygon. And the problem is that the label does not appear in the printout. Is that correct?

If so, this looks different from the issue you linked to. If you could provide a simplified reproducible test-app, on a place like CodePen, then it would help us see the issue you are seeing, and investigate.

0 Kudos
SaurabhUpadhyaya
Occasional Contributor

Yes, i am trying to print map with printing a map with 50 plus characters in the label with polygon feature class. I also observed that when polygon size is small and text size is big then it also not showing in exported pdf but on map it is dispalying. 

Also tried this deconflictionStrategy = "none" but it breaks other functionality of label. I have 3 feature class like Country, State and District and in printing want to print the district name on generated pdf on district level extent. when polygon size big/small and text size big/small it is not working. Can you please share some sample code.

0 Kudos
BabyChauhan
New Contributor

The issue here is we are using multiple label properties, but when we have two polygons layers, then label of one of  the layer is overlapping with label of another layer, as we have set deconflictionStrategy as "none" hence it is allowing overlap of labels from two different polygon layers. What we want is when there is overlap between labels then "Territory" polygon should have higher priority and label from that layer should be visible instead of another layer, and one more catch here is, is it possible that only that particular area where labels are  overlapping there, Territory layer  label should be visible and on the other part of map state layer label should be visible as it is.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Noah-Sager
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @SaurabhUpadhyaya and @BabyChauhan. Are you two working together? Or are these different issues?

@SaurabhUpadhyaya - I can't share some sample code. I still don't understand the issue.If you could provide a simplified reproducible test-app, on a place like CodePen, then it would help us see the issue you are seeing, and investigate. Otherwise, please contact Technical Support if you are able:
https://support.esri.com/en-us/contact

@BabyChauhan - unfortunately, it is not possible to assign label priorities. This workflow is available in the dekstop ArcGIS Pro application, but not currently in a web app using the ArcGIS Maps SDK for JavaScript. I would recommend using different scale values, like in this example:
https://developers.arcgis.com/javascript/latest/sample-code/labels-multiple-classes/

0 Kudos
SaurabhUpadhyaya
Occasional Contributor

@Noah-Sager Thanks for the reply. We both are working on the same team and trying to fix this label issue which we are facing at the time of exporting the pdf. @BabyChauhan Can you please share the sample code to @Noah-Sager to check our syntax.

0 Kudos