Select to view content in your preferred language

Attachment Viewer: Ability to filter features that don't have attachments

10-11-2023 09:40 PM
ChrisH2
Occasional Contributor

We're using the Attachment Viewer app in ArcGIS Enterprise10.9 and are seeking to understand what methods are possible to filter the hosted featureservice so that only features with photos/attachments are displayed, OR keep all features but filter the gallery so that we don't see all of the placemarkers where there isn't an attachment.

I was hoping that the attachments field could be used in the source web map and filters could be applied in that environment, but that's not the case.

I've seen some AGOL focused  documentation around using Arcade to manually create a new field and update those values based on where an attachment exists or not, but I'm after dynamic

0 Kudos
3 Replies
MobiusSnake
MVP Regular Contributor

I've seen some AGOL focused  documentation around using Arcade to manually create a new field and update those values based on where an attachment exists or not, but I'm after dynamic 

Maybe you could do the same thing with a Python script on a schedule?  It's not dynamic but it's "hands-free".

SarahMcDonald_Esri
Esri Contributor

Hi @ChrisH2 

In recent updates of Attachment Viewer there is a setting that will filter out features that don't have attachments. 

However, this article documents  a way that you can use arcade to filter features  without attachments from displaying in the app: https://support.esri.com/en-us/knowledge-base/how-to-display-only-features-with-attachments-in-attac... 

Thanks!

Sarah

0 Kudos
ChrisH2
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Sarah

@SarahMcDonald_Esri wrote:

Hi @ChrisH2 

In recent updates of Attachment Viewer there is a setting that will filter out features that don't have attachments. 

I assume that this is in AGOL and not the Enterprise environment as I can't see this setting (in 10.9)?

However, this article documents  a way that you can use arcade to filter features  without attachments from displaying in the app: https://support.esri.com/en-us/knowledge-base/how-to-display-only-features-with-attachments-in-attac... 

I've read through the article and my understanding (or assumption) is that this is a manual calculation and when new records are added, the calculation needs to be re-run to set the values in the new field? If it's a hands-off setting that automatically updates the new field when new records are added then that'll solve our problem. I'll do some testing, but any confirmation of the above would be great @SarahMcDonald_Esri ...

thanks

0 Kudos