definition and sql queries within Insights

Jump to solution
12-05-2017 01:52 PM
WinstonMcKenna
New Contributor III

Is there any possible way to create a sql query or a def query within Insights? As far as I can tell sql queries are not possible within a joined table in Insights. It seems to be a very noticeable limitation on this platform. One way I have experimented with to work around this is to create a joined query later in ArcMap and then publish that service to Portal. Needless to say it's not the easiest or most fun way to create an Insights workbook. If anyone has some ideas, I would love to hear them.

-Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
NathanSmith8
New Contributor III

Hi Winston McKenna‌,

Great question! Currently, there is no way to perform SQL queries in Insights.

However:

1. The filtering capability provides basic functionality for the time being.

2. We will be evolving our current filtering capabilities at both the dataset and card level as part of our 2018 road map. This will include increased flexibility in defining a custom where clause.

What specific type of queries are you looking to perform? This will help us as we evolve the filtering experience in Insights.

Thanks,

Nathan

View solution in original post

3 Replies
NathanSmith8
New Contributor III

Hi Winston McKenna‌,

Great question! Currently, there is no way to perform SQL queries in Insights.

However:

1. The filtering capability provides basic functionality for the time being.

2. We will be evolving our current filtering capabilities at both the dataset and card level as part of our 2018 road map. This will include increased flexibility in defining a custom where clause.

What specific type of queries are you looking to perform? This will help us as we evolve the filtering experience in Insights.

Thanks,

Nathan

Adam_Commeford
New Contributor

Hi Nathan, 

Will services published with definition queries work in insights? I seem to be running into some issues.

Thank you

-AC

0 Kudos
djamelboudjerda
New Contributor

des requêtes select et select distincte avec un count 

0 Kudos