Deep Learning to Assess Palm Tree Health: .emd file error

02-03-2020 06:38 AM
Labels (1)
deleted-user-stdf5pSqu_qT
New Contributor

I'm following the lesson "Use Deep Learning to Assess Palm Tree Health". I've had some issues trying to train the model and decided to skip ahead to reviewing the model. I'm stuck on the step "Palm tree detection." In this step I'm trying to run the Detect Objects Using Deep Learning tool, using the .emd file provided in the lesson. I get the following error:

I'm using ArcGIS Pro 2.4.3.

Does anyone have the same issue? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

0 Kudos
13 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

There are some good suggestions on this conversation as well:
https://community.esri.com/thread/243500-deep-learning-to-assess-palm-tree-preparedata-problem 

deleted-user-stdf5pSqu_qT
New Contributor

I've encountered the same error mentioned in that topic and have followed the suggestions in the conversation (trying different versions of the mentionend Python packages and at one point even downgrading to Python API version 1.6), but with no luck. That's why I decided to skip the step to train the model.

Unfortunately I'm unable to test your other suggestion, as our Image Analyst trial period has ended.

Thanks for your reply!

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello Friend !

I updated arc pro from 2.5 to 2.8.1,i also facing same error .

when I try to create deep learning environment using Python command prompt  from these steps i am getting an error message as conflicts in package.

conda install fastai=1.0.54

conda install pytorch=1.1.0 conda

install libtiff=4.0.10 --no-deps

I tried your last steps as you guided but still i am facing same issue .

...\C\Program Files\ArcGIS\Pro\bin\Python\envs\palm-detection2\Lib\site-packages\arcgis\learn\models\_ssd.py

...\C\Program Files\ArcGIS\Pro\bin\Python\envs\palm-detection2\Lib\site-packages\arcgis\learn\_data.py

Kindly help me how to come out from this .

you can contact me on krishnanihar@squ.edu.om

Thank you in advance

0 Kudos
heksam
by
New Contributor

I am on the same stage, but when I add the correct model definition, arcgis just quits and the normal "the application has stopped" window comes up. Does anyone have a solution to it? I have arcgis pro 3.2 and deep learning installed. Even tried a new environment, but does not help.

0 Kudos