Import metadata into AGOL from xml produced in ArcCatalog

06-14-2017 11:30 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm trying to import meta data into AGOL, and it's not working correctly.  I'm not getting any info about attribute info (columns/fields)

I notice that when editing the metadata in ArcCatalog, I have a red X in the Lineage Description.  I have not been able to get rid of that.  I open lineage, and there are none of those more descriptive error messages.  Not sure why that would prevent me from seeing field info in AGOL meta data.

After I import the .xml into AGOL, I can see the Attributes when I try to edit it in AGOL.  BUT when I just try to view the meta data, the Attributes are not there.

13 Replies
PhilLarkin1
Occasional Contributor III

anninahw Do you have an update to share?

0 Kudos
AnninaHirschi_Wyss1

Sorry, Phil, no further answers so far... I'll get back to you ASAP.

0 Kudos
PhilLarkin1

I've circled back to this problem to find there isn't much of an improvement in how AGOL displays ISO metadata. Attribute information is still obscured if your style is set to anything other than FGDC.  

0 Kudos
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

I'm having a similar problem importing ISO 19139 metadata.  The steps I'm following are:

Export the feature class metadata with the 

C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcGIS\Desktop10.6\Metadata\Translator\ISO19139_2ESRI_ISO.xml

to a local xml file, and then in AGOL, 

Click on the respective item's metadata button, 

Click overwrite,

Check 'populate metadata with item details'

Choose the local xml file from above

Save

But when I take a look at the metadata viewer, it's missing :

The original metadata as shown in ArcCatalog or ArcGIS Pro has a creation date,  English as the Metadata Details Language, Topics and keywords are checked appropriately and it has citations contacts, metadata contacts and points of contact filled in....

Annina Hirschi Wyss

That should just about do it....
0 Kudos