Power BI Visual looses all settings

Jump to solution
05-20-2020 09:06 AM
DavidCresp
New Contributor III

The Esri Map visual in Power BI is not saving settings. I set everything up for a boundary map based on one country and it is all fine. Go to another tab and back again and all settings have been lost. This has not been an issue before and seems to be an issue since the May edition of Power BI. It seems that the bug reported here is back again. https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/ESRI-ArcGIS-maps-arent-saving-changes/idc-p/1099172#M57047  

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JonEmch
Esri Regular Contributor

The June 202 release of PowerBI Desktop should resolve the persistence issues.

Keep on keeping on!

View solution in original post

22 Replies
JonEmch
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello all,

I am a representative of Esri Technical Support. We are currently tracking this behavior that occurs in PowerBI Online. Would you please reply to this thread with the region location of your PowerBI Tenant? You may access this information by going to PowerBI Online and clicking the question mark next to your profile picture. 

At this point in time, we know that this behavior is occurring on certain PowerBI Online datacenter regions. If you have maintenance, I would advise you to open a case with us.

Keep on keeping on!
DavidCresp
New Contributor III

I am finding this issue is occurring in Power BI Desktop. I have not tested editing online but the maps that I already have set up online are working. I am in Australia if this helps. 

DavidCresp
New Contributor III

When online here is my server. Australia Southeast (Victoria)

Origudes1
New Contributor II

Same same and only in desktop !

JonEmch
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello Ori

Could you post the PBIX you are working with?

Keep on keeping on!
0 Kudos
Origudes1
New Contributor II

I can't due to the nature of the data, but it seems like consistent issue?

0 Kudos
AndresEscobedo
New Contributor

Hello Jon Emch,

Same problem in PowerBI Online, April 2020 desktop version works fine.

The problem occurs when published on PowerBI Online, the visual resets to default settings. 

All colors and  boundaries configurations resets to points and the visual doesn't make sense.

This is the region of PBI Tenant (North Central US (Illinois))

Any updates or expected resolution time?

Thanks for your support on this.

0 Kudos
DavidCresp
New Contributor III

I am not sure if this is connected but it has only started to be a problem more recently so may well be. Choropleth maps using the location boundaries previously worked well. Now the polygons are not rendering correctly for all of the areas and you end up with this. 

0 Kudos
JonEmch
Esri Regular Contributor

Hey David,

If this is occurring in PowerBI Desktop, my first recommendation would be to reinstall PowerBI Desktop with the latest and greatest. You can find this installer here:

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/downloads/

Keep on keeping on!
0 Kudos