Select to view content in your preferred language

Issue with GIS map on Power BI since the User Types Update

Jump to solution
07-01-2024 09:39 AM
PaigeHansen
New Contributor II

Hello,

I signed into Power BI this morning to update June's data. I was prompted to sign into ArcGIS, but when I clicked the sign-in button, an error message appeared. Attached is the screenshot.

This issue happens on my PowerBi Workspace and PowerBi Desktop app. 

Everything worked fine on Thursday, so I am assuming the ArcGIS User Types update threw something off. Any ideas on how to fix this or any workaround ideas? 

Capture.PNG

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MohamadChibli
Esri Contributor

Depending on which platform you're accessing the PowerBI, clearing the local storage should fix this issue. 

https://doc.arcgis.com/en/microsoft-365/latest/power-bi/clear-browser-local-storage.htm

View solution in original post

7 Replies
AlexL_QED
New Contributor II

I have the same issue. I try an login to Powerbi Esri map and when I click to connect nothing happens.

AlexL_QED_0-1719903943151.png

0 Kudos
PaigeHansen
New Contributor II

Hi Alex, 

I am not sure if you have tried working on your Power Bi workspace. For some reason, I am able to sign in to ArcGIS through the workspace but not the desktop app. 

Although I uninstalled and reinstalled Power Bi Desktop so that it is at its most current version, I had no luck with the ArcGis login working. 

lah
by
Occasional Contributor

Experiencing the same issue in Enterprise 11.1

0 Kudos
MohamadChibli
Esri Contributor

Depending on which platform you're accessing the PowerBI, clearing the local storage should fix this issue. 

https://doc.arcgis.com/en/microsoft-365/latest/power-bi/clear-browser-local-storage.htm

PaigeHansen
New Contributor II

Thank you! I followed the Power Bi Desktop instructions and it worked perfectly! 

0 Kudos
Bloomers3166
New Contributor II

I have the same issues as @AlexL_QED . We have a map powered by ArcGIS for power BI in a published dashboard that worked before the update. After the update, the map access button does nothing when users attempt to click it. The solution of @MohamadChibli works for one day and then when users open the dashboard the next day the button does not work again.

It would be a hassle, to tell users to clear their cookies every day just to access the map. Any thoughts on how to resolve this? Thank you.

ArcGIS Enterprise 11.2

0 Kudos
AnthonyLatini
Esri Contributor

@Bloomers3166 - Hey there! Just posting here since I saw you posted a new topic. I have replied there! Thank you!

ArcGIS GIS in PowerBI sign in button does nothing ... - Esri Community

0 Kudos