ArcGIS for Power BI Updates - Reference Layers Not Loading

Jump to solution
09-24-2021 07:09 AM
RezaSardari
New Contributor II

Hello,

I published and hosted a feature layer on the ArcGIS Online organization account and the layer is visible on both the online Map viewer and also in the Power BI list of layers. 

Feature Layer in ArcGIS - Shared with public

RezaSardari_0-1632491779924.png

Power BI Add Layer:

RezaSardari_1-1632491939629.png

However, this layer is not loading in Power BI and nothing happens after adding this layer. I tried different projection systems, zoom in & zoom out, and checked the shared option with everyone. Still this layer is not loading and showing the yellow circle after adding it:  

RezaSardari_2-1632492069272.png

How to fix this issue? Is it because of recent Esri updates? Is there any way to download GIS for Power BI in a separate file? 

Thanks,

Reza Sardari, GISP 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AnthonyLatini
Esri Contributor

That is correct. We should know more in the next 2 days if they can still get it out for the 29th or if it will delay to October 6th. 

I had a look at this layer in our current version, v1.0.0.110 (the visual that is currently in Power BI Online and Power BI Desktop) and it looks like this is a bug in this particular version. Unfortunately, there wouldn't be a workaround in this version. However, the new version has resolved this bug it seems!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
AnthonyLatini
Esri Contributor

@RezaSardari - Hello there! My name is Anthony and I am a product engineer on the ArcGIS for Power BI visual. I was looking over this issue and I would like to help out if I can!

I did a quick search for the item you listed in your post (FLU WGS84) and was able to find it in the public listing. I tested this in our latest version (which should be out in the next week or so) and it appears to load properly. 

Let me know if this helps! If there is another map that you'd want me to check, send the mapID here and I can load it up to see if it adds properly. 

AnthonyLatini_0-1632493298825.png

0 Kudos
RezaSardari
New Contributor II

Anthony, Appreciate your quick turnaround. That means it is related to the current version, and we need to wait? What is the timeline? We have a public outreach and appreciate it if there is a solution to fix it from our end? 

0 Kudos
AnthonyLatini
Esri Contributor

That is correct. We should know more in the next 2 days if they can still get it out for the 29th or if it will delay to October 6th. 

I had a look at this layer in our current version, v1.0.0.110 (the visual that is currently in Power BI Online and Power BI Desktop) and it looks like this is a bug in this particular version. Unfortunately, there wouldn't be a workaround in this version. However, the new version has resolved this bug it seems!

View solution in original post