View Layers Failing to Load in Field Maps App

05-04-2023 11:05 AM
JessicaWay1
New Contributor III

I have a project in Field Maps that has 2 View Layers of the same parent layer. Until yesterday, these layers were showing in the map in the Field Maps App and working properly. Now these layers have a "Layers Failed to Load Error".

The rest of the map works fine. These View Layers work fine when the web map and smart form is viewed in a browser window. There are no errors showing in the Field Maps Web Portal. If we add these layers to another map, the same error shows in mobile app. If we add the parent layer to the map, only the parent layer works in the app.

No scheme changes have been made and all sharing permission have been checked.

Has anyone else had this same issue? Why would view layers suddenly stop working in Field Maps?

0 Kudos
10 Replies
StefanUseldinger
Occasional Contributor II

Are You using ArcGIS Enterprise? If yes, which version?

0 Kudos
JessicaWay1
New Contributor III

Yes this is in ArcGIS Enterprise 10.8.1. The view layers were stable for months and then suddley stoped working. 

0 Kudos
StefanUseldinger

Can You post the exact error message (Profile -> Troubleshooting)?

0 Kudos
JessicaWay1
New Contributor III

The view layers continued to work in desktop/web. This is the only error message we see in mobile.

0 Kudos
StefanUseldinger

you can click on the erroneous layer to see the detailed error message or go to "Profile" -> "Troubleshooting"

0 Kudos
JessicaWay1
New Contributor III

Here is the error message

0 Kudos
StefanUseldinger

did you make changes to your domain configuration?

0 Kudos
JessicaWay1
New Contributor III

No changes had been made recently. And The layer loads fine not in mobile. We have been stumped on why this is happening.

0 Kudos
JessicaWay1
New Contributor III

@StefanUseldinger 

I found this thread in the Collector Community. It appears the issue has been around since 2019. I tried the fixes mentioned but did not have success. https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-collector-questions/layer-fails-to-load-in-collector/td-p/68125 

We have rebuilt the layers and view layers from scratch and they are currently working.

0 Kudos