Select to view content in your preferred language

"Failed to Fetch" Error When Saving Edits in ArcGIS Field Maps

2 weeks ago
OswaldOnimhawo
New Contributor

Hello, this is super urgent!!!

I’m encountering an issue with saving edits to a feature layer in ArcGIS Field Maps, the function is meant to change the symbology of the feature once edited using the "Unique Values" primary symbology. The error message is: "Something went wrong. Edits could not be saved: Failed to fetch."

My Setup:
1. ArcGIS Pro:
- Configured attribute-driven symbology using 'Unique Values'.
- Published the layer with 'Use symbol types defined by the layer' checked.

2. ArcGIS Online:
- Editing is enabled on the feature layer.
- Layer is shared with the appropriate groups.
- Error occurs when attempting to edit any feature attribute.

Troubleshooting Steps Taken:
1. Verified feature layer permissions and field settings.
2. Checked the feature service REST endpoint for issues.
3. Ensured a stable internet connection.
4. Re-published the layer.
5. Tested with a new simple feature layer; issue persists.

Request for Help:
Has anyone faced this issue or can suggest a solution for the "Failed to fetch" error when saving edits in the ArcGIS Field Maps?

Thank you

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JesseCloutier
Esri Community Manager

Hi @OswaldOnimhawo, I'm one of the Community Managers for Esri Community. I hope you're doing well!  

Esri Community is a platform we maintain primarily for peer-to-peer collaboration and knowledge sharing, which can sometimes mean there are practical limitations on how quickly or to what degree other members can offer assistance, I say this only because you've indicated that your need is very time sensitive and don't want you to go without help.

Because of that time sensitivity please feel encouraged to also explore Esri’s other help resources like Help Documentation or Knowledge Base. Direct Technical Support may also be an option. If you’re uncertain about specific support your account may be qualified for, feel encouraged to use the contact information in the support link and our team will be more than happy to offer guidance. It’s important to us that you know the next best steps available to you.

I'm also tagging a few of our more active members in ArcGIS Field Maps Questions to draw some eyes to your post in case one or more may know what help to offer: @ChristopherCounsell @ColinLawrence @DougBrowning

Jesse Cloutier
Community Manager, Engagement & Content
ChristopherCounsell
MVP Regular Contributor

All datasets or just this one?

Does it occur in map viewer with plain symbology? Helps rule out field maps.

Could be because you've got unusual 'null' values. See these:

https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-online-questions/arcgis-online-error-edits-could-not-be-saved/t...

https://support.esri.com/en-us/knowledge-base/error-something-went-wrong-edits-could-not-be-saved-00...

DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Turn on the log file that may give you some more clues also.

ColinLawrence
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @OswaldOnimhawo , are you still having issues submitting edits? What platform/device are you using Field Maps on? Are you able to successfully edit the same features in ArcGIS Pro or within the web map in ArcGIS Online?

>5. Tested with a new simple feature layer; issue persists.

Can you clarify a bit more about point 5? Is this simple feature layer coming from the same source data or something else?

Regards,
Colin
0 Kudos