Select to view content in your preferred language

Multiple editing Fieldmaps

Jump to solution
08-28-2023 10:52 PM
XavierDiot
New Contributor II

Hi everyone,

does anyone know where the Fieldmaps multiple editing form comes from?

I thought that it comes from the pop-up of a layer but apparently not anymore since the last release.

As example, I have a lot more fields in the multiple editing forms from my layers as my configurated pop-ups.

Moreover, I have configurated forms in fieldmaps for my layers.

That forms work for a single editing but they are not used in the multiple editing.

So, how can we configure the form in a multiple editing?

Thanks. 

Have a nice day.

Cheers,

Xavier 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ChristopherCounsell
MVP Regular Contributor

All editable fields in the layer will be exposed to the end user. Forms are NOT currently supported for edit multiple.

Previously you could use Map Viewer Classic to control field editability and this would filter into edit multiple. It doesn't seem to work anymore and wasn't clear if this was an intended workflow, possibly an overlap between classic and new map viewer.

Your options are to disable field editability at a hosted feature layer / view level. You could also remove the fields from the view. This would inhibit the ability for users to edit properly with a form as well.

Also noting that 'edit multiple' is on by default and applies to all layers in a map.

So what does this mean for you? Edit multiple is a powerful functionality that should be used carefully. Currently there are limited options to control the fields and layers that can be edited in a map. Generally I'd set up a map specifically for edit multiple, with less layers/fields that are editable. 

Vote for the various ideas to improve edit multiple functionality e.g.

https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-field-maps-ideas/control-edit-multiple-at-the-field-level-of-a-...

View solution in original post

2 Replies
ChristopherCounsell
MVP Regular Contributor

All editable fields in the layer will be exposed to the end user. Forms are NOT currently supported for edit multiple.

Previously you could use Map Viewer Classic to control field editability and this would filter into edit multiple. It doesn't seem to work anymore and wasn't clear if this was an intended workflow, possibly an overlap between classic and new map viewer.

Your options are to disable field editability at a hosted feature layer / view level. You could also remove the fields from the view. This would inhibit the ability for users to edit properly with a form as well.

Also noting that 'edit multiple' is on by default and applies to all layers in a map.

So what does this mean for you? Edit multiple is a powerful functionality that should be used carefully. Currently there are limited options to control the fields and layers that can be edited in a map. Generally I'd set up a map specifically for edit multiple, with less layers/fields that are editable. 

Vote for the various ideas to improve edit multiple functionality e.g.

https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-field-maps-ideas/control-edit-multiple-at-the-field-level-of-a-...

XavierDiot
New Contributor II

Thanks for your explanations