Select to view content in your preferred language

Add a filter widget to ArcGIS Field Maps

03-03-2021 06:50 AM
Rose_Geater
New Contributor II

Add a configurable filter widget to ArcGIS Field Maps, much like the filter widget in Web AppBuilder. 

ArcGIS Field Maps is commonly used where users collect additional information on, or collect a related record against an existing feature. It would be really useful to be able to filter between different attributes on those layers, e.g. for priority points. Symbolising according to the feature works only when a few distinct attributes need highlighting. For anything more, different field maps need to be created with the different filters set as default. This can lead to having to manage, maintain and download multiple maps. If the user could filter on attributes of a layer from a single map this would be really useful. 

75 Comments
by Anonymous User

Development has begun on this effort.

JustinReynolds

@Anonymous User Will there be a property to disable this on a given layer? I see the utility here, but in some cases the filter that I set is the filter I want to enforce.

JUANGARCIADELMORAL

Hello. @AaronPulver, thank you very much for all the information. 

I also agree that filters in Fieldmaps is a very useful functionality. We had started a development to try to solve it. But if you have already started development, it is possible that we will stop.

Do you have any idea on what date it will be available (even if it is a Beta version)? I know it is a difficult question to answer and you are working hard to release it. So I understand if you can't answer. It's just to get organized.

Thanks again for all the information and for starting the development. Very good news!

JUANGARCIADELMORAL

It seems that soon we will be able to see something. I hope you don't have too many problems in the next days. Thank you very much for the effort and for taking into account our opinions!

filter.png

DavidJenkins767

Cities need this function.

DougBrowning

At UC they did a demo of this.  You can select a filter by layer and they all And together.  

Looks like early access version comes out in Sept.

DougBrowning_2-1660753363014.png

DougBrowning_3-1660753385347.png

DougBrowning_4-1660753399983.png

It is not in the beta here but it is coming in the September beta!

https://www.esri.com/arcgis-blog/products/field-maps/field-mobility/arcgis-field-maps-early-access-r... 

JUANGARCIADELMORAL

Hi Doug Browning. Thank you very much for the informations! It is great news for us. Looking forward to testing the Beta version! Hope all goes well in the next few days. If it is not, great to see that they are working on it!!!

DougBrowning

Even though it says Filters are not until the next beta I did find them in the latest beta! 

JUANGARCIADELMORAL

It is true! Thank you very much for the information! I have tested the widget a bit (using the icon that is displayed next to the layers) and it filters correctly!!! Very fast too!! Thanks again 👍

JeffShaner

Hey @DougBrowning and @JUANGARCIADELMORAL - they did sneak in but we are not officially supporting them in this beta cut (we just didn't hide the functionality). Feel free to try at your own risk, but know that we are planning a beta update in September where we will update both the web and mobile apps and provide documentation as well.