Select to view content in your preferred language

The current location for Explorer app on my iPad has stopped functioning. Is there a problem with the iOS 11.2.6? All the location services are on in every setting of iPad and the app itself. The app version is 18.1.0. Thanks in advance for any help.

Jump to solution
03-29-2018 06:04 AM
LarryMasters
Occasional Contributor

iPad #Explorer

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
LarryMasters
Occasional Contributor

Joel,

It was an iPad issue. Maps and Google maps would not give location either. I had to go into Settings; General; Reset: Reset Location and Privacy.

This worked for 2 out of the 3 that had issues. The other is still to be determined. 

Thanks for the reply.

LM

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hey Mainmast‌,

That sounds frustrating, what is happening when you tap on the GPS tool? I've tried reproducing what you're describing on 11.2.1 and 11.3 with no issues. The only time I can get the location to not work is by revoking Explorer's access to location. After doing such, I am prompted to allow Explorer to use location every time I tap on the tool.

What iPad are you using? Does it have cellular or are you working off WiFi connection? Do you have access to another device that you can try with? Are you opening a Web Map or a Mobile Map Package?

Feel free to shoot me an email at jwhitney@esri.com and we can discuss further.

0 Kudos
LarryMasters
Occasional Contributor

Joel,

It was an iPad issue. Maps and Google maps would not give location either. I had to go into Settings; General; Reset: Reset Location and Privacy.

This worked for 2 out of the 3 that had issues. The other is still to be determined. 

Thanks for the reply.

LM

0 Kudos