Select to view content in your preferred language

Stacking Group Filters not working

Jump to solution
03-09-2024 11:40 AM
SandraCHayden
New Contributor III

@TonghuiMing

In this public app, I have 2 group filters. The first for state, the second for counties. It's supposed to list only counties in the state. See screenshots.

https://experience.arcgis.com/experience/0c56c3c5241e47a487531f4a79464ae3/

The SQL for the second group filter states "List values based on Values filtered by all other expressions".

However, it does not. Counties that are not in California are listed e.g., Acadia Parish is in Louisiana.

See earlier post:

Group filter widget - Page 2 - Esri Community

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

@SandraCHayden We've removed that setting for the groups now.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
JeffreyThompson2
MVP Regular Contributor

It looks like getting the filters to filter themselves requires two separate Filter Widgets. Here is a guide to Group Filters.

Setting Up A Group Filter And Filters That Are Fil... - Esri Community

GIS Developer
City of Arlington, Texas
TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @SandraCHayden -

The option is for clauses within one filter item/group, and due to the fact of Group SQL Expression Builder, that option will always be "All values" no matter which one you choose.

And yes - the way to filter dynamically affected by others is to use two filter widgets, each configured with the individual group, as Jeffrey indicated above.

We will remove that option inside the Group SQL Expression Builder soon, to avoid further confusion. Thanks for bringing it up.

Tonghui

0 Kudos
TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

@SandraCHayden We've removed that setting for the groups now.

JavierMadoz1
New Contributor III

I've been struggling with the suggested solution for a while and I've concluded that this way of getting one group filter to act on another doesn't make any sense, the original solution was much better.
Having to enter several separate filters is pointless and greatly complicates the design of the application. Since the width of the widget responsive, they cannot be placed horizontally, which is what I want. Additionally, if you want to place several filters you will have several switches or accept buttons.
Additionally, if the source data comes from a different layer, how do you configure the field that connects them?
I HOPE THE DEVELOPMENT TEAM DOESN'T REALLY THINK IT AS SOLVED and that they recover the way it was originally intended.
I am very disappointed with group filters, a development that I have been waiting for a long time, which I consider basic and which has been working perfectly in Dashboard for many years.
Thank you so much.

0 Kudos