Select to view content in your preferred language

How to take user linguistic choice into account?

Jump to solution
03-21-2023 07:27 AM
Labels (1)
Nicolas_GREHANT_IGNFI
Occasional Contributor

Hi all,

I was wondering if it was possible to let the user of the Experience to choose its own language?

I mean, allowing him to click on a flag (or else) and that then everything goes from English to French or Spanish and so on.

I was thinking about using a published table to get dynamic translation of title, subtitle, and other texts, but I wonder if I go in the good or easiest solution.

Any clue?

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Richard_Purkis
Esri Contributor

Hi @Nicolas_GREHANT_IGNFI 

I don't believe this is possible at the moment. A similar post exists for this query raised a few years ago:

I recommend you look at the solutions posted there.

Hope this helps

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Richard_Purkis
Esri Contributor

Hi @Nicolas_GREHANT_IGNFI 

I don't believe this is possible at the moment. A similar post exists for this query raised a few years ago:

I recommend you look at the solutions posted there.

Hope this helps

Nicolas_GREHANT_IGNFI
Occasional Contributor

Great, so nothing really possible yet, except duplicating the pages for each language.

Big thanks for your answer Richard.

PS: I thought that it would have been simple to get result with a dynamic query such as "TEXT = SELECT title FROM my_linguistic_table_in_datastore WHERE language = current_language_selection;" but this is not yet possible :-).

0 Kudos
Alastair
New Contributor

If you check out this video he uses typescript and jimu to start doing something similar. Unsure how to do this on a larger scale but it is interesting. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrV9TtGFAFw&t=351s

ArcGIS Experience Builder is built on ArcGIS API 4.x for JavaScript with React. It empowers you to quickly transform your data into compelling web apps and pages. With Experience Builder's framework called Jimu, you can create your own focused workflows by building custom widgets and themes ...
0 Kudos