Individual Widget Functionality Matrix Between Web AppBuilder and Experience Builder

03-15-2024 06:24 PM

Individual Widget Functionality Matrix Between Web AppBuilder and Experience Builder

Many of you have been asking for the parity matrix for individual widgets. As some Web AppBuilder widgets are available in Experience Builder, functionality in these widgets is not yet complete, such as the ability to draw text in the Draw widget. Please take a look at the two attachments for the individual widget and app framework migration status and plan. Please note that attachments only list features that are not yet available in the latest release of Experience Builder in ArcGIS Online. For ArcGIS Enterprise users, new features in ArcGIS Online will be picked up by ArcGIS Enterprise later.

The attachments will be updated at each release. Please come back and check them out periodically.

Attachments
Comments

Please check and update us on the progress of Share and Add Data Widgets. Though available now, they are not functioning at full capability of WAB versions.
Thank you.  
Alex Ernst
IDPR

@AlexErnst_IDPR could you please let us know what are missing in the Add Data widget? The app URL parameters in the Share widget are now available in the general settings on the left pane of the canvas. A few URL parameters are not there yet as documented under App Framework-> URL parameter.

Great to see more detailed functionality matrix for specific widgets!
However, I am a little disappointed to see that drawing arrows are not planned for the drawing widget. Drawing arrows and text is the most common use of the drawing widget for my users.

Than you @Jianxia for sharing this. Tihs is a great overview and needed information to decide on the successor of individual Web App Builders. 

I do believe, however, that there is a mistake. For Basemap Gallery it says it will not be planned for the Experience Builder. The online documentation, however, indicates it is already available in ArcGIS Online and AGE 11.2. Basemap Gallery widget—ArcGIS Experience Builder | Documentation . Is this an error or are we talking about a different widgets?

I also wonder if these pdf documents will be updated through this url or whether a new url will be provided if there is an update. I see you have attached the documents to the post, but is there a central location where these documents will be updated?

Thank you in advance.

best regards,
Jelle Stuurman 

@Jelle_Stu_PR, Thanks for looking into the attachments. The attachments are intended to identify the functional gaps in each widget between two products. As you mentioned, the Basemap Gallery is already available, however the ability to create new basemaps in the Web AppBuilder Basemap Gallery widget is not planned to be moved to the Experience Builder Basemap Gallery widget. This is what we meant to say in the attachments. Does it make sense? Any suggestions on improving the attachments are welcome!

Thank you for the detailed functionality matrix, @Jianxia! This is very helpful. An important client of ours is currently migrating all apps from WAB to ExB and has run across a showstopper: They need to create custom zoom levels in all apps as the have in WAB. I can see in the second attachment that the functionality "Custom visible scales" is "Planned":

DanielMast_DE_0-1712138318679.png

Since this is major feature that they will need across their apps, it would be very helpful to have an idea when this functionality is planned to be released. The client is currently using ArcGIS Enterprise 11.2 and can upgrade to a newer version at any time once this functionality is available. 

Is this functionality planned for the next release of Enterprise? If not, can we upvote the enhancement for its urgency in this case?

Thank you in advance and best regards from Germany!  

Most of widget is not available in web app builder. I don't see the point to move now in experience builder but I guess we have to since they are going to discontinue it even though seems like experience builder is not ready to take web app place yet.  Classic ESRI problem. 

Regarding the Drawing tools, our staff use the WaB version to place temporary labels on the map for quick prints. This isn't included in ExB yet. 

The first (February) document doesn't mention it in the Funcationality Description which was disheartening... 

LindsayRaabe_FPCWA_0-1713141787809.png

...but the other document (March) does list it as planned. The 2 documents seem to contradict each other though. Bit confusing. 

LindsayRaabe_FPCWA_0-1713141898940.png

Thanks very much to the Esri team for the hard work toward continuous improvement to ExB.     

The topics in my comment at the top of this thread (lucky me) are partially-resolved.

Share functionality was a noob problem-- I did not know to turn on all the URL Parameters functionality in my Experience. Fixed, thank you, works great (even can include last-search and highlighted features, I believe this is a new Share function over the WAB version).

I'll join @LindsayRaabe_FPCWA in requesting the Draw widget functionality be attended to soon, please. I need at least the TEXT SYMBOLS functionality, but the other items are also quite valuable toward using the tool, like it was in WAB. 

Add Files widget, Search subtab very much needs the combo of options added, which are in WAB version, specifically to return results based on Relevance. (All combo options: Relevance, Title, Rating, Views, Date.) The return order of results is nowhere near as handy for finding the best, most authoritative result. Example: "MVUM" should return USFS's authoritative version of the MVUM service on top of the list as it does in WAB version. The same result is something like 70th deep in the list in the ExB version. (PS: I would wish for fewer clicks to finally add a layer, and a more-visible Delete Layers trash can or menu item. But I think I understand why it was done this way versus the WAB version, and it's thus more just getting used to a different way of functioning.)

WAB

AlexErnst_IDPR_1-1713291170952.png

ExB

AlexErnst_IDPR_0-1713291078591.png

@Jianxia  Webapp Builder layer list search function  is already available or plan in Experience Builder 

Layer List Search.png

@DevDesai, the search function is available in the Map Layers widget in Experience Builder in ArcGIS Online and ArcGIS Enterprise 11.3. 

Jianxia_2-1713566106835.png

@DanielMast_DE, thanks for letting us know the importance of custom visible scales settings to your customers. There is an existing request for it (Enh-000148335). 

@LindsayRaabe_FPCWA, the Draw text symbol in the document means the ability to draw labels or annotations. We'll be working on it.  If drawing arrow is needed, please submit an enhancement request to Esri Support. Cc to @AlexErnst_IDPR 

@LindsayRaabe_FPCWA , thank you for your feedback.  Could you please submit an enhancement to Esri Support for the combo of options in Add Data like its counterpart in WAB?

Thank you for this list! It's a great summary.

One of the limitations I've run into with apps we are trying to migrate is the lack of connectivity between the Map Widget and a View or Window. We were trying to replicate the Shortlist Story Map style as it's been a popular public viewing app as seen here: Infrastructure Projects (arcgis.com)

Currently there is no way to have the List and Feature Widget window occupy the same space and have the Feature Info display like in the Shortlist. When selected on the map, it highlights the feature in the List widget, but the user has to click it again to view the info. It's rather annoying for the end user I find.

I'm not sure if this would be something considered in the functionality matrix or not. I do have an enhancement logged for this, but wanted to bring it up here as well. ENH-000162330

Can we also add to the list "drop pin on map" for the Search widget? WAB could do this.

abureaux_0-1713988157011.png

Version history
Last update:
‎03-19-2024 10:22 AM
Updated by: