Why can't I publish a map service to AGS on my local machine? (Error 001362)

08-14-2020 02:50 PM
StephenRhea
New Contributor III

I'm trying to work on a web app and can't get services to publish locally. I have AGS and ArcGIS Desktop 10.6.1 installed on my machine, but when I try to publish an SD file via AGS Manager, I get the message: "ERROR 001362: Failed to extract manifest from uploaded service definition. Failed to execute (Publish Service Definition)." At the exact same timestamp in the logs, I also have the error "Failed to extract manifest from uploaded service definition.: ERROR: C7ZipReader.Initialize failed: C:\arcgisserver\directories\arcgissystem\arcgisuploads\admin\{guid}\foo.sd. The SD may be of a version not supported by this server's runtime."

The SD was created via ArcMap 10.6.1, and my coworkers have been able to publish the same file on their instances. The ArcGIS Server Account has Full Control permissions to c:\arcgisserver and to the folder containing the file geodatabase. That folder is also registered as a Data Store. The account used in the AGS connection is an admin, and I'm publishing directly to https://localhost:6443/arcgis/

0 Kudos
1 Reply
StephenRhea
New Contributor III

ArcGIS Enterprise Any ideas on this? The only thing I've discovered that works is to uninstall Desktop and Server 10.6.1, install 10.6, publish the services, then re-upgrade to 10.6.1. This is obviously nowhere near sustainable, so any help is greatly appreciated!   

0 Kudos