Why can't I load a multipoint feature class into a feature dataset in SDE?

06-11-2018 12:10 PM
JenniferVanHouter
New Contributor II

I am building a terrain dataset and I am trying to run feature class to feature class for a multipoint feature class from a file geodatabase into the feature dataset I created in SDE but I keep getting error 000224: Cannot insert features? The multipoint feature class has just under 4 million points and I was able to load it into a file geodatabase and then successfully run create terrain on my local machine but this error keep popping up when I try to load the data into an SDE database. I double checked and the coordinate systems are the same for the multipoint feature class and the SDE feature dataset.

I am sure there is something I am forgetting to check, does anyone have any ideas? I have attached a screen shot of my tool window and a text file showing the results window errors. I am attempting all this using ArcMap and ArcCatalog 10.3.1.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Jennifer,

Is the Enterprise Geodatabase feature class of type 'multipoint'?

JenniferVanHouter
New Contributor II

Yes, I made sure that and the coordinate system matched.

0 Kudos
JakeSkinner

Not the coordinate system in this case, but the geometry type.  If you right-click on the feature class in the catalog window > Properties > General tab it will show you the geometry type of the feature class:

JenniferVanHouter
New Contributor II

Yes they are both multipoint geometries

0 Kudos
JakeSkinner

That is strange, can't say for sure why that error is occurring.  One thing you can do is load the data into a File Geodatabase Feature Class and then either copy/paste or Import the File Geodatabase feature class into your Enterprise Geodatabase.

JenniferVanHouter
New Contributor II

Thanks Jake I will try this and post my results.

0 Kudos